overall

RATINGS: 1256   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.56/5   IBU: 80   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Enter, if you will, all the glorious aromatic complexity of the hop. This big, bold IPA’s intense multi-hop kick gets a subtle dose of restraint from select Crystal and Carastan malts. For discriminating hop heads.

DavidP (1748) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 4, 2007
Tap. Hazy bronze body, small white head with dense soapy lacing. Grape skin and lime in the bitter aroma. Pine and grapefruit bitterness pervades the flavor, some light crystal malt underneath. White not horribly unique the bold hops make it hard to resist.

jason (1836) - Easton, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 3, 2007
Bottle thanks to Dirty_Martini. Poured a deep amber body with hugh head, light lacing. Aroma is of sweet malt with an odd citrus feel that I couldn’t pin-point. Falvor is really bitter at first with a sweet malt backbone. Settled down a bit but was still more bitter than the body would allow. Light cirtus aftertaste.

bocefus (9) - Portland, Oregon, USA - FEB 28, 2007 does not count
bottle. This is an awesome IPA. When I saw this was 6.8% I had to try it, you wouldn’t know it though. Smells a little sweet, malty. a little bit sweet at first and then a little but not too bitter. One of my favorites. Two of these and I’m good. Three, real good.

Cletus (6368) - Connecticut, USA - FEB 21, 2007
Pours copper with a tan head which is unusual for an IPA. Smells of wildflowers and citrus. Tastes watery with some bitterness and grassy undertones.

TimE (6130) - Tokyo, JAPAN - FEB 17, 2007
Magnificant golden amber color. White, thin head. Pine, citrus and apples hit the nose with underlying caramel malt. Starts muted, but then hops kick the back of the mouth in the teeth (??). This beer is all about the back of the mouth and throat. Bitterness lingers. Finish starts malty then kicks in some hops. Dry bitter finish with some residual caramel malt flavors. Overall just lacked some depth in the middle, but I am drunkanyways and enjoying this beer with curry, so whatever.

FlagstoneHill (215) - Erie, Colorado, USA - FEB 16, 2007
Draft at Sugarbeet in Longmont. .. Hoppy, citusry. .. Med Amber, off white head. .. Malty up front, with hoppy, bitter finish. .. Med body. .. Very tasty and bold IPA.

homebrew007 (7) - USA - FEB 15, 2007 does not count
I feel a little bit lonely... While I have enjoyed the other Deschutes brews I have tried, this one dissapointed me. I love the citrusy hop aspect, but too much caramel flavor can really throw me off. Possibly I just got my hands on a bad sixer, but the sweet caramel flavor was a little too overbearing - not very well balanced. As far as appearance, aroma and palate, this is a wonderful beer.

duffman462 (175) - Gainesville, Florida, USA - FEB 14, 2007
One of my favorite all-around IPAs. Very rich, with a thick malt body giving way to layers of grapefruit and pine resin. Very satisfying, well balanced, and delicious.

ZiggyG (131) - Gladstone, Oregon, USA - FEB 11, 2007
Bottle. Pours a beautiful cloudy gold, with some red an yellow play in the light. Head is about 2 inches and cream colored, pretty dense, takes awhile to dissipate. Good lacing on surface and on sides of glass. Nose is strong citrus and hops, the citrus is almost too strong. Tastes is of citrus and hops. The bitterness and acidity are balanced well. Has a pretty clean finish with a bit of alcoholic bite, and a very nice mouthfeel for an IPA. Deschutes makes great beers.

ChazMania (669) - Oceanside, California, USA - JAN 19, 2007
UPDATED: FEB 23, 2007 Bottled. My bro has been hip to this beer for awhile and I simply had not found it....so when i saw it, of course I bought one (didn’t want to buy a 6 of it at the time) now I will. This is a nice IPA bordering on the creamy texture of a DIPA. There is a good amount of malt on the finish as well.