overall

RATINGS: 945   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   SEASONAL: Spring   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
The citrus punch of a big IPA, minus the one-dimensional hop sledgehammer. Seven select European and domestic malts round out the edges for a complex, copper-colored brew. Like its namesake ski lift, its an insiders ride to fresh thrills.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
IPAsavedMYlife (346) - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA - OCT 2, 2012
The build of this beer is definitely something to be enjoyed. Nice Copper hazy, with a dense creamy head. Nice amount of carbonation coming up from the middle. Smell is certainly the carastan malt, with some definite sweetness. Opposite of Cigar Citys Tocobaga Red. Mild hop aroma. Very nice mouthfeel, creamy. You can really taste the spicyness of the red malt in this one, which pairs nicely with the hop flavor. Not overly obnoxious, but well hopped. I could drink this all day. Not too forgiving. Enjoyability 4.5/5

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
firedog23 (73) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - SEP 25, 2012
I guess I wanted more out of it. It isnt bad, just not one I would go back to if I had a choice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
agent_511 (157) - - AUG 26, 2012
Fantastic pale ale. Tastes of black cherry, plum, and a little licorice. Some pine in the aroma. Medium brown with a tan head. Very enjoyable, though not all that pale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DedicatedToFun (4000) - Santa Monica, California, USA - AUG 25, 2012
UPDATED: MAR 21, 2015 Tap, bend, brewery, orange pour, white head, nose is citrus, taste is citrus, pretty good

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Finhead (1651) - OFallon, Illinois, USA - AUG 19, 2012
Hazy orange-red with an off-white head. The aroma is citrus and pine. It has a medium body with oily texture and average carbonation. I enjoyed the bittersweet taste and semi-dry finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Sleuthdogg (31) - Illinois, USA - AUG 17, 2012
Appearance: This beer poured a real nice looking hazy orange color with an absolute huge white fluffy head. The head was a good four finger size and left a ton and I mean a TON of lacing behind. The head settles down to a light fluff floating on top of my beer. I love the color of this beer. Its very enticing to say the least. Smell: Right off the bat orange peel smacks me in the face. Its like a sweet tangerine mixed with pineapple and grapefruit. This is followed by a piney and floral hop presence but I must mention that the hop nots are light on the nose. Very nice nose Taste: Wow what a well balanced beer here. There is the slight hop bite mixed with orange and mango fruitiness. There is a breadiness and toasted character found in it also. I am also finding a caramel taste in it that seems to add a background sweetness that is super enjoyable! Mouthfeel: I find this beer to be super creamy in the mouth. It almost feels as though I squirted whipped cream in my mouth and have that creamy feeling left behind. The carbonation is moderate at best and I believe this adds to the creamy feeling of this beer. Overall: I true pleasure to drink this one. I mean I could sit back and put away quite a few of these. Not overly hoppy and not overly sweet or fruity either. Just an absolute perfect balance to be able to enjoy any time. I know this one was past its prime according to the best by date but its excellent IMO even three months past said date.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
RobertDale (5675) - Lansing, Kansas, USA - AUG 15, 2012
12 ounce bottle. Pours a clear copper with a nice biege head. Aroma of citrus, pine, grass, and caramel. Taste is citrus, florals, pine, malt, and caramel. A bit on the hoppy side. Well done!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
saxo (17057) - Hjbjerg, Aarhus, DENMARK - JUL 24, 2012
Bottle. Nice head with good duration. Color is amber. Aroma and taste are caramel, notes of nuts, fruits, malt and hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
Hussey (60) - North Carolina, USA - JUL 24, 2012
Tasting @ Winter Warmer in Asheville. Pour: Amber, copper pour. Nice thick collar of foam. Aroma: Pleasant floral, citrus bouquet. Bright nose. Taste: Excellent balanced body. Medium mouthfeel. Caramel, buttery malts blend beautifully with crisp hop flavors. Dry, refreshing finish. Overall: An awesome clean brew. I could see this becoming a staple in my beer fridge, if Deschutes would distribute to NC. The guys that manned the tasting booth at the Winter Warmer were first class guys. I enjoyed speaking with them about their brew. Genuinely excited about what they were doing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
ads135 (4285) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JUL 18, 2012
Very nice take on the American IPA. Dark golden appearance. Nice head retention. Not too bitter but with a pleasant citrus sweetness. Tried in KC in 2012.