overall
Style: Dunkel/Tmavý
Stuttgart, Germany

RATINGS: 270   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

marcus (10867) - Sacramento, California, USA - JAN 29, 2007
This brown ale poured with a miniscule tan head. There is a sweet caramel malt flavor, with a slightly bitter finish. A very undistinguished dunkel beer.

BroSpud (2282) - , Massachusetts, USA - MAR 6, 2009
Multiple tastings (review based on memory) This one goes back awhile. Drank these back in the day as an alternative to the many other unremarkable beers. Pretty weak all around but you could do worse.

BuzzBeer99 (80) - Oklahoma, USA - FEB 4, 2002
Cost way to much to be as mediocre as it is. I would rather drink Schlitz if I'm buying

vyvvy (6835) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - DEC 31, 2006
I didn’t even notice this was a green bottle with no date until I got home. What an atrocious trainwreck this turned out to be. Poured copper with a sudsy tan head. The aroma is of malt balls, some buttery diacetyl, stale fruits and foot odor. Against my better judgement I took a drink just of the sake of covering all aspects of a rating. Medium body with light carbonation. The taste starts horribly sour and malty. The finish has much of what was on the aroma only quite astringent and the added bonus of spoiled cooked veggies. This was awful, even for a drain pour.

nuplastikk (6512) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 20, 2010
12oz bottle. Translucent amber-brown color. Minimal soda-like head. I’d have to guess the bottle was old. Pungent, devolved dark malt tones. On the light side of medium bodied. Some toffee tones. Cheap Eastern-European dark beer. Probably way better fresh, certainly not one to age.

fishman (350) - Philadelphia, USA - AUG 7, 2001
Remarkably disappointing. Nice color, but the aroma was overwhelmingly musty, like broccoli. If I had to base a beer on its aroma, I would not have even tasted this. Fortunately there wasn't an offensive taste, as a matter of fact there was very little taste at all.

joet (2675) - Wilsonville, Oregon, USA - NOV 22, 2001
Initial musty aroma over a nice, crispy looking effervescence, but this is thin and punchless without any snap at all.

kumite56 (473) - Cordova, Tennessee, USA - SEP 16, 2003
I am sorry but I must decent on the common rating of this beer. This is liquid poop in a bottle as far as I am concerned. Aroma is malty and not displeasing. Appearance has nice tan head initially, mostly diminishing. Brown and clear in appearance and all in all not bad. The taste however is where I detect some nasty stuff. Initial sweet taste with a bitter finish. But somwhere in between i get a strong plastic taste which is quite displeasing. I recomend you steer clear of this one.

NYHarvey (2153) - New York, New York, USA - AUG 16, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 18, 2005 From the bottle at Yeoman’s Road Pub. It doesn’t look like a flavorless watery lager/pilsener from Germany, but guess what.......There is some malt flavor there and some caramelt, but it tastes like it was added to 11 ounces of water.

coldbrewky (1731) - Hippetown East, New York, USA - JAN 25, 2009
Draft at the Wurstfest. Glad I stayed with the HoffB and the HaSC before I had this one. a light bodied semi watery brew with seemingly added caramel coloring and caramel candy taste. Both in taste and color the dark fails. Watery body with a metallic and mercifully quick finish. Back to the HB for me for the rest of the evening. Head was a nice light beige. Blah