RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.77/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41/5   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -

Most RecentTicked By

jgb9348 (6478) - Arlington (Pentagon City), Virginia, USA - MAR 23, 2009
Deep brown coloured body with a thin tan head. Aroma of obvious smoked peat, roasted malt and a handful of nuts. Medium-bodied; Strong assertive roasty flavours throughout with a nut flavour all finished off with a very strong alcohol kick. Aftertaste shows more smoky flavours with a good well-rounded taste! Overall, a pretty good beer - definitely better than I’d expect. Definitely worth trying, especially if they brew it again! I sampled this beer on draught at the District ChopHouse in Washington, D.C. on 30-August-2007.

haddon90 (1634) - Newport Beach, California, USA - MAY 18, 2007
On draft. Dark color with a nice tan head. Great aroma. Smoked malt aroma. The whole beer is a good smoked porter. Kind of a creamy taste. I didn’t like it the first time, but the more and more I drank it, the more I liked it. A very good beer from Chop!

Braudog (6835) - Yorktown, Virginia, USA - APR 8, 2007
On draft at the District Chophouse. Pitch black with a ring of a tan head. This has a big Rauch-bier aroma .. Wow! This has quite the ashy smoke character, strong enough to turn off all my friends. But ME LIKEY! I must admit, any smoke beers are an acquired taste. This would’ve been much better aside a fire and with some nice smoke cheese. Strong performances tonight from District Chophouse! (#2781, 4/7/2007)