RATINGS: 775   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.91/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Brewed for Dixie Brewing by Joseph Huber during the breweries renovation. Brewed in the EU as well.

beerguy101 (5360) - Newark, California, USA - SEP 21, 2002
Very dark amber color, small head. Roasted malts, slightly sweet. Slight hoppyness. Lighter bodied, full flavored beer. Mouthfeel is full and round. Finish is clean. Smooth taste. Aftertaste is slightly bitter. Nice taste.

notalush (5878) - Denver, Colorado, USA - SEP 16, 2002
Ignore the critics and set aside what this beer is "supposed" to be, and just enjoy it for what it is. It is a very good, and very unique beer.

apoptosis (1317) - Denver, Colorado, USA - SEP 9, 2002
Very dark red-brown color. Thick head, decent retention. A metallic finish to this beer keeps me from really liking it despite its fully flavor. Medium hops.

stephen (308) - California, USA - SEP 3, 2002
Slightly roasty. Dark brown. Pretty good but I got a slightly oxidized bottle - bad aftertaste and diminishing flavor.

beerslayer (753) - New Jersey, USA - AUG 30, 2002
Good beer. Clean smooth taste kind of like a toasted malt flavor. I Would have it again.

TheRimmer (483) - Florida, USA - AUG 29, 2002
Smelled like fucking cabbage. Very stout like, malty. Its finish was bland and watery. Its just another "eh" beer. Got better towards the end of the bottle.

delacerveza (166) - Florida, USA - AUG 21, 2002
as far as lagers go, this wasn’t so bad. st. pauli girl it ain’t. i was expecting more oomph given the name, maybe more smokiness or something, but it was fairly bland. i’d take it over a newcastle brown ale.

Hoss (607) - Florida, USA - AUG 14, 2002
An interesting effort though undistinguished. As some have said a weak porter is an apt discription, smooth.

Jfishback13 (273) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - AUG 4, 2002
This is truly my favorite lager. I know people think it’s too heavy for a lager and certainly too light to be a stout, but this is a great beer. Don’t try to figure out what it is and just drink it. It leaves you with such a nice, slightly sweet flavor, it’s hard to resist. I haven’t had this beer in many months, but it got me started trying beers and good ones at that... It did for beer what the Dead Milkmen did for me in music... not great, but I love it for the transition it allowed me... and I’ll always love it because of that.

ravidesai (978) - Bombay, INDIA - JUL 29, 2002
decent dark lager. roasty malt taste much likr aweak porter. initially sweet but ends ofn a dry acidic hoppy note. a well made but unexceptional beer.