RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 2.7/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.74/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
A spin-off of our bigger and bolder Prince Myshkin Russian Imperial Stout. This American Stout was brewed with oats to provide a smooth mouth feel. A large percentage of roasted barley, chocolate and black malts lend a slight coffee flavor which is balanced and contrasted by Amarillo hops for a soft citrus background.

Most RecentTicked By

cazort's rating

cazort (561) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 11, 2014
On tap at the brewpub. Very dark, thick, syrupy, sweet, and heavy. The roast in the aroma seems very light, possibly because it is light relative to the heaviness of this beer. The description says this is a spin-off of their Imperial Stout, and if this is so, I think itís retained the aspects of Imperial Stouts--their heaviness--which I dislike, and given up the aspects (i.e. bitterness) that I like most. Poor choice of pairing with the pizza at Dock street. This beer is too heavy to pair with heavy food. Iím cautious to say this, but I think I would prefer any number of macro brews to this one.

callmemickey (4542) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 25, 2014
Dark brown-black body, medium to large chocolate head, soapy lacing. Gentle semisweet chocolate, toasted oats, roast and a touch of coffee. Medium bodied with smooth carbonation. Finish just a tad thin and muted.