overall

RATINGS: 2581   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85/5   IBU: 120   EST. CALORIES: 495   ABV: 16.5%
Too extreme to be called beer? Brewed to a colossal 45įP, boiled for a full 2 hours while being continually hopped with high alpha American hops, dry-hopped every day in the fermenter for a month, and aged for a month on whole leaf hops, 120 Minute IPA is by far the strongest IPA ever brewed. And at 21% ABV and 120 IBUís, you can see why we are calling this the Holy Grail for Hopheads. Editors note: ABV reduced down to 18% in 2009.

Krej's rating

Krej (224) - USA - APR 17, 2014
At last this beer comes to the same state as me. Iíve been searching for it for ages and it finally comes to a bar 15 minutes away from my work... On a Thursday... Starting at 1pm... Well Iím not man enough to leave work at 1 but I leave a little early to try and get it and got it I did. Disappointed I am not. It doesnít have that great of an aroma, it smells a little citrusy, hoppy, and sugary, but itís all very faint. Itís a very nice clear golden amber color. Very small head but it laces well. It tastes really great. Grapefruity, citrusy, and I donít really know what else but itís good and unique. I donít feel like Iíve ever had a beer that tasted similar to this. It tastes real thick too which is crazy. Kind of like the thickness of a good stout but the rest of it is redonk IPA. Itís also alcoholic as shit, but you canít taste it at all. I think Iíve had about 1/8 of the 10oz glass and that equates to about 2 and a half two hearteds worth of drunkenness. Also Iíve never smoked weed but Iíve heard of weed smokers talking about mind or body highs. Well in my couple of sips I think this beer is giving me a real mind drunk. My mind seems pretty drunk but my body doesnít seem weird at all. It kind of reminds me of drinking absinthe. Anyways this is a great beer and Iíd go through whatever it takes to drink it again and my food just got here so this review is DONE!

thorongil2 (2997) - , Ontario, CANADA - JUN 23, 2017
(bottle) clear, bright orange amber colour with a small white head; aroma of stewed fruit, jam, dried longan; rich, intense boozy flavour with a long, light bitter finish, excellent

DavidWoodruff (601) - Windsor, California, USA - JUN 19, 2017
Hazy dark orange with thin off white head. Orange, malt aroma. Sweet, boozy bittersweet flavors. Big, thick, juicy body. Long malty, bitter finish. Heaven on steroids.

BadgerBucky (1) - Waconia, Minnesota, USA - JUN 18, 2017 does not count
AsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAABBBBBVVVVVGHDGJCS via Beer Buddy for iPhone

wmennis (5) - - JUN 17, 2017 does not count
Fflhdoysoyslyxpydpydypspyspysyspydpysodyzlzlgllgzh via Beer Buddy for iPhone

TexasMac (17) - - JUN 17, 2017
HOPPY!!!!!!!� via Beer Buddy for iPhone

jlong1965 (16) - San Diego, California, USA - JUN 6, 2017
Had to rate because of all the FB ranting about it and in bev. Sam wants it pulled. Donít know if I blame him or not but thought Iíd get a rating in. Dark copper penny color and incredible hop aroma. Thick and kind of sweet it only downside, alcohol well hidden. Really good and really expensive.

snoot8726 (98) - Terre Haute, Indiana, USA - MAY 29, 2017
UPDATED: MAY 29, 2017 Bottle into snifter. Pours a deep amber with a white head. Notes of floral hops and booze on the nose. Same on the palate with a bit of caramel. Nice slight booze burn on the finish. Great brew but not worth the price tag.

hman43 (1540) - Pinehurst, North Carolina, USA - MAY 29, 2017
Golden in appearance with a white head. Strong alcohol flavors but only slightly hot.

justicemaguire (4) - AUSTRALIA - MAY 25, 2017 does not count
Drank at home from a bottle. Just a rock solid IPA with a malty backbone. Nice fruity aroma.

VinegarStroke (420) - Napa, California, USA - MAY 21, 2017
Bottle: just because you can do something doesnít mean itís right. Deep copper color, good head and lace. The aromas are dominated by a slow or stuck ferment. The palate is sweet and hot. Itís probably has a high VA. Folks talk about hops, I donít know how you see them with all the malt, alcohol and slow ferment profile. Intense flavor but no balance. A very poor beer.