overall

RATINGS: 2454   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85/5   IBU: 120   EST. CALORIES: 495   ABV: 16.5%
Too extreme to be called beer? Brewed to a colossal 45°P, boiled for a full 2 hours while being continually hopped with high alpha American hops, dry-hopped every day in the fermenter for a month, and aged for a month on whole leaf hops, 120 Minute IPA is by far the strongest IPA ever brewed. And at 21% ABV and 120 IBU’s, you can see why we are calling this the Holy Grail for Hopheads. Editors note: ABV reduced down to 18% in 2009.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

DragonsHead's rating

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
DragonsHead (142) - Morgantown, West Virginia, USA - FEB 8, 2008
scary!!! I drank this beer over a year ago, and I still feel I can give a rating.... so many ibus I can’t remember my name afterwards. I think I still have hops growing out of my ears....

jrh5108 () - Cumberland, Rhode Island, USA - APR 22, 2018
Great after dinner beer. Good for once in a while, can’t drink more than one. Great smell, good pallet, not as good as 90 minute

AbbeyRoade (573) - Missouri, USA - APR 22, 2018
UPDATED: APR 22, 2018 Very juicy fresh mouthwatering bold hop in this one. In your face resinous piney hops but not peppery or bitter. Mild tartness with equilibrating mild citrus sweetness. Dank.

DuffLover (131) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - APR 21, 2018
Very hoppy aroma. Taste is a little mild compared to aroma, and alcohol is forward. I actually think the 90 minute is better.

Parsticks (1) - USA - APR 19, 2018 does not count
UPDATED: APR 19, 2018 Every year the taste is slightly different. This year's was very smooth. Two bottles max at any time. Managed to pick up two cases this time. I will age and enjoy for quite some time. Strong bold flavor. An aquired taste for some. If you can find it on tap it is excellent! Be ready to pay because it is not cheap.

killroy (151) - BULGARIA - MAR 2, 2018
Huge beer. Depp copper color, malty aroma, some hops. A bit of hops in the taste with pleasant boozy, warming finish.

mscleare (1) - - FEB 23, 2018 does not count
UPDATED: FEB 24, 2018 This is one of the Holy Grails of IPA. Nearly a unicorn for those of us in Texas, although getting a bit easier to find. For a 120 IBU, it’s very smooth. Creamy? Fruity? Rich, for sure. It is something which needs to be sipped, although as this beer gets warmer, it’s get more syrupy. At ~18%, it is strong but only at the after taste. This is a beer to try, one to save, and one to savor.

fletchfighters (1664) - AUSTRALIA - FEB 17, 2018
355ML bottle Dark caramel orange color. Thin off white collar. Does last a long time. Leaves a thin off white ring on the sides of the glass. Big slow AVB legs. Holds carbonation well Nose is caramel, booze, grapefruit, pine, boiled peaches, and peach jam. really warming. Taste is caramel, peach preserves, grapefruit, pine, oak, earth, and booze. Holds the booze very well. Feel is, big, duh. Syrupy, oily, slightly sweet but holds its own well. Does have a lot of alcohol but is drinkable. Very dry oily finish. slow sipper. Have not had in a log time but for what it is it is excellent and unique

k0mpsa (3314) - Tuusula, FINLAND - FEB 1, 2018
Tap at barcade, new york. Hazy amber color, white head. Aroma has sweet malts, hops, oak notes, some tropical fruity notes. Huge body, hint of alcohol, hops, some caramel notes. Its huge but not bad.

brewjeria (12) - San Antonio, - JAN 20, 2018
I scored a bottle of it at The Flying Saucer for my birthday. Judging by the hue of it and being a highly sought after IPA, it looked like all booze and I was correct. There is little to no noticeable head. It is not even hoppy. The taste is heavy, you can't slog this one down. But rather is a slow burn. Where the hoppy sensibilities of your typical ipa fails it it's booziness works. From start to finish it was amazing and lived up to all its mythical hype for me. You either will love it or hate it, there's no in between. And I like it that way.

randy1969 (169) - Marengo, Illinois, USA - JAN 7, 2018
UPDATED: JAN 13, 2018 Very strong alcohol aroma overpowers the hints of citrus hops. This beer pours a cloudy amber with a minimal head. It's a sweet taste, there's dark fruit and some citrus. Thick, creamy texture with a full body. I was expecting more