overall
RATINGS: 3371   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our flagship beer. A session India Pale Ale brewed with Warrior, Amarillo & ’Mystery Hop X.’ A powerful East Coast I.P.A. with a lot of citrusy hop character. THE session beer for beer geeks like us!

Tasting Notes: Citrus, cedar, pine & candied-orange flavors, floral.
Food Pairing recommendations: Spicy foods, pesto, grilled salmon, soy-based dishes, pizza.
Glassware recommendation: Pint
Wine comparable: Busty Chardonnay
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 209 calories.

y0cola (361) - fremont, California, USA - SEP 13, 2006
golden orange with a small creamy thick head. looks very carbonated and bubbly like a black girl’s behind. aroma is of corn, pie crust, and stale hops (its been sitting in my closet for over a year =[ flavor is bitter. it bites the backs of your cheeks. a real kick to the senses. im going to let this one warm up a bit here. see what it does for me. ok this shit is warm now: flavor is of peaches with alcohol and bitterness. the warming increased the bitterness and brought in a caramel flavor as well. the palate is medium to heavy creamy and med/heavy thick. ill brew.

gilvanblight (825) - Windsor, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 11, 2006
Slighly redish gold pour. Nice inch of bubly head. Very hazy pour. Strong scent of bitter hops, ginger, fruit and some flowers. Very odd warming taste. Some alcohol, a strong hop bite, spice and a slight sweet hint. Bitter strong aftertaste. If it wasn’t for that aftertaste this would be amazing.

Cmycoskie (23) - Georgia, USA - SEP 11, 2006
A beer that I could drink the rest of my life. Very well balanced hop character and goes down smoother than any IPA I’ve ever had. The 90 minute hits you a little harder and is a little thinker, so I prefer this on most occations, it’s just too damn bad we don’t get this in Georgia.

Tyler*Durden (72) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 9, 2006
Great IPA! Very nice amber colour and a generous white head that has some longevity to it. The aroma is definitely a dry-hopped IPA...floral and sweet; great hoppiness in the taste, with a bitter-but-not-too-bitter taste. Small hint of caramel, which sets off nicely against the hoppy taste.

TURDFERGUSON (4068) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - SEP 9, 2006
I’ve been drinking this for a while and finally got around to rating it. Aroma is hops, hops, and hops. Flavor is more of the same, with a small malt backbone. Quite quaffable and tasty.

drmatt (51) - THE LOU, Missouri, USA - SEP 8, 2006
this is hop water. it has a great hop aroma. it has the nice citrus, piney taste of hops, but my complaint is that it has a weak malt backbone. not a bad beer by any means, but for $10 a sixer i can find better.

pmannion (12) - New Windsor, New York, USA - SEP 7, 2006
Bottle. Nice coppery color & thick blonde head. Very flavorful - hoppy and malty - and great aroma. Despite strong flavors, easy to drink both room temperature and chilled.

dmradus (227) - Ithaca, New York, USA - SEP 6, 2006
Pours a light copper with basically no head - even with a vigorous pour, although I did pour this in my Bernardus tulip . The bit of head that remains is white and frothy. Aroma is strongly hop-citrus, with grapefruit predominant. Taste is mild for IPAs, with subtle pine and citrus from the hops and some malt sweetness. Nice bitterness that hits hard on the first few sips before fading, and strongly carbonated. Excellent session brew.

mobeer (5) - flushing, New York, USA - SEP 6, 2006 does not count
UPDATED: NOV 4, 2006 writing beer rating is always annoying for me and this beer is no exception. it is a good beer that is hoppy and complex very good for its price but is out classed by more expensive beers like goose valley demolition, my favirte beer

mvp (271) - Harper Woods, Michigan, USA - SEP 5, 2006
Bottle poured into glass. Light citrus aroma. Good malt flavor. Somewhat hoppy.