overall
RATINGS: 3523   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our flagship beer. A session India Pale Ale brewed with Warrior, Amarillo & ’Mystery Hop X.’ A powerful East Coast I.P.A. with a lot of citrusy hop character. THE session beer for beer geeks like us!

Tasting Notes: Citrus, cedar, pine & candied-orange flavors, floral.
Food Pairing recommendations: Spicy foods, pesto, grilled salmon, soy-based dishes, pizza.
Glassware recommendation: Pint
Wine comparable: Busty Chardonnay
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 209 calories.

mnurda (1283) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - JUL 7, 2006
Nice citrus flavour. My type of IPA. Nice amount of hops, and well carbonated. Can’t wait to get my hands on some.

Emil (6065) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - JUL 6, 2006
Bottle. Golden colour with a medium white head. Malty, grassy, hay, light sweet, pine, citrus aroma and a fruity, bitter, hop, citrus taste. Medium to full body with a light sweet, light dry finish.

joergen (27983) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - JUL 5, 2006
Bottle. Clear golden coloured with a white head. Aroma of malts, fruits, pine needles and hops. Dry flavour of malts, fruits, pine needles, grape fruits and hops.

bager (2120) - Copenhagen N, DENMARK - JUL 5, 2006
Bottle. Dark golden in colour with a medium sized head. Nice and hoppy with notes of pine, citrus and also a little bit earthy.

BigBastard (668) - L.A., California, USA - JUL 5, 2006
DFH can do no wrong. Super hoppy aroma. Bitter citrus, pine, earthy flavors, but extremely smooth. Every sip makes you thirsty for more.

jrohn92 (105) - USA - JUL 5, 2006
Extremely hoppy like most India Pale Ales. Very intense aroma. Copper body, by looking at it i could tell how hoppy this beer would be.

thebaldwizard (1207) - Ohio, USA - JUL 3, 2006
"This is a nice IPA. Very good citrusy hop aroma that floats out of the golden brown brew covered with a nice white head. The taste is a good mix of hops with some malt in the backend for balance. Great example of the IPA style."

RagallachMC (631) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - JUL 1, 2006
tap. Aroma: Caramel and malt, and then the hops. Hops smell like grapefruit, light floral, and a touch of spice. A lot more subtle than I thought it would be. Appearance: Slightly hazy medium amber in color. Small off white head didn’t last long. Almost no lacing. Flavor: Citrus flavors jusmp out at me first, mostly grapefruit. Some potpurri floral notes in there as well. Caramel and bready flavors help to balance this out, and then the bitterness kicks in. Nice bitterness. Not to aggressive, but enough to let you know that there’s a bunch of hops in here. Palate: Medium bodied. Good carbonation. Alcohol left a good warming sensation on back of tongue after a few drinks. Finish was slightly sweet. Floral flavor built up on my tongue after awhile. Had to drink some water a few times to cleanse my palate. Overall: A very nice and well balanced beer. I could drink this one all day.

mddawso (89) - Normal, Illinois, USA - JUN 28, 2006
First beer in over a month- Pours a light amber color. I wouldn’t have rated it a 5 in a appearance if I didn’t have a big pillowy head. The best head I have ever seen on such a light colored beer. Aroma hinted that this beer was on the malty side. First taste was deliciously smooth. Differs in taste from other IPA’s and its brotheren in the minute family. Quite delicious, would drink again.

chimpscampee (566) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 27, 2006
UPDATED: OCT 9, 2006 Yummy. This straddles the line when I can’t decide whether to have a spicy or smooth PA. Great taste but the finish of this IPA has a little nip to it that doesn’t quite work for me or I’d rate it higher.