overall
RATINGS: 3526   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our flagship beer. A session India Pale Ale brewed with Warrior, Amarillo & ’Mystery Hop X.’ A powerful East Coast I.P.A. with a lot of citrusy hop character. THE session beer for beer geeks like us!

Tasting Notes: Citrus, cedar, pine & candied-orange flavors, floral.
Food Pairing recommendations: Spicy foods, pesto, grilled salmon, soy-based dishes, pizza.
Glassware recommendation: Pint
Wine comparable: Busty Chardonnay
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 209 calories.

Lowe1983 (1592) - Dayton, Ohio, USA - MAY 16, 2006
Pours an amber color with a thick off-white head. Aroma is of floral and pine hops, citrus, and sweet malts. Flavor is strong of the grapefruit and other citrus. Finishes with the floral hops that lingers awhile on the palate. A slight taste of sweet malts but not very strong. A decent IPA but not quite as good as the 90 minute.

thehipone (197) - AUSTRALIA - MAY 16, 2006
On tap. Nice balanced IPA. Not a hop bomber at all, but it is quite drinkable. Grapefruity and orange hop flavor and a clean, lightly bitter finish. Simple but good.

zebracakes (1339) - Washington DC, USA - MAY 15, 2006
Pours clear golden color. Floral aroma with a hint of orange. Decent IPA, but not enough hops for my liking.

holdenn (2116) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 15, 2006
UPDATED: MAY 16, 2006 If you want a drinkable IPA, hoppy but not intense, this isn’t a bad choice.But if you’re looking for a lot of hops you may find it to thin, leaving a clean palette quickly. Instead step it up thirty minutes and it will be hard to drink just a 60-minute again.

iambeer (255) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 14, 2006
The best IPA I’ve had thus far. Citrus flavor comes to mind, a strong contender to be on a regular weekend repitore.

Blackbarrel (116) - new york, New York, USA - MAY 13, 2006
Bought from Peter’s deli in Park Slope. Strong gold color, head disapated after a minute or two. Citrusy, fruity, smells like a bag of good weed. Cedar come to mind too. This could be habit forming.

bigcat03 (323) - Columbus, Nebraska, USA - MAY 11, 2006
UPDATED: MAY 13, 2006 Bottle from Johns Grocery poured into shaker - Pours a beautiful clear golden yellow with tints of orange when held to the light; a two finger, slightly off white and creamy looking head that lingers FOREVER; Lots of floral hops and malt to the nose; A bitter, hoppy initial taste but definitely not overpowering; I detect just a little bit of citrus in there too; A clean, malt backtaste; This is my first IPA and it’s not too bad at all! I still prefer a good belgian strong or a german weisen, but I would definitely drink this again.

keoki182 (305) - West Bend, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 10, 2006
Purchased in bottle in Menomonee Falls, WI. IPAs are growing on me more and more, ever since I tried Two Brothers Heavy-Handed IPA. I recall that one being quite good, but I could drink DFH 60 Minute all day. I naturally expected strong piney/citrus flavors and more bitterness than I am used to in a beer, but it was all done very well. The aroma is mostly hops, of course. The bitterness that I expected to taste however, is prevalent, but suits the beer so well you don’t even mind. The mouthfeel is more solid than I had anticipated, lending a feeling that you are really drinking a fine brew. This is so good, I am going to search out the next step (90 Minute).

rederic (3337) - montréal, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 10, 2006
On tap at Redbones in Somerville, amber-orangeish color, with a frothy white head, wiht some floral hops, with piney, cedary accents, with a coniferous note emerging in second, and a caramelized malt touch in the aroma follows through on a medium-bodied palate with a floral hop character, and some piney, cedary, coniferous flavors, with a sweet caramelized malt, oily hop buds, leading towards a flowery hop pineyish finish.

stoutlvr (52) - Lansing, Michigan, USA - MAY 10, 2006
Real thin. Too much so. Heard alot about this beer before I tried it. Dont understand what the hell all the hype was about. A decent ipa, nothing more.