overall
RATINGS: 3368   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our flagship beer. A session India Pale Ale brewed with Warrior, Amarillo & ’Mystery Hop X.’ A powerful East Coast I.P.A. with a lot of citrusy hop character. THE session beer for beer geeks like us!

Tasting Notes: Citrus, cedar, pine & candied-orange flavors, floral.
Food Pairing recommendations: Spicy foods, pesto, grilled salmon, soy-based dishes, pizza.
Glassware recommendation: Pint
Wine comparable: Busty Chardonnay
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 209 calories.

jmuhops (669) - Winchester, Virginia, USA - SEP 1, 2005
Pours orange with a one finger white head. Relatively weak, but still appetizing, aroma of grassy hops. Great malt profile, but could stand to be a little more hoppy. Good session IPA.

esmith747 (11) - Wylie, Texas, USA - AUG 30, 2005
a good beer and very hoppy beer. it has a beautiful orange red color and a fairly thick head. Very smooth.

Magjayran (1379) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - AUG 29, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 12, 2006 Pours an orange color with a thick and lasting white head. Slightly fruity aroma with citrus and apricot along with a little bit of malt. Perfectly balanced IPA in that you get all the hops you want nicely offset by a sweet malty flavor. Slightly bitter citrusy flavor with a malt finish. A fantastic session beer.

pinkzambia (2073) - Boise, Idaho, USA - AUG 27, 2005
Bottle: Clear gold color with a creamy, white head and runny lacing. What is nice about this IPA is it’s perfectly balanced aroma and taste. It seems to have fairly mild hops and stronger malts (for an IPA) making it a pleasant beverage for daily consumption. Thanks Indiana_Red for some serious hook up.

DrnkMcDermott (3159) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - AUG 27, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 6, 2009 Sampler from bottle at Binny’s, Orland Park</a>, Big on hopz, yeah, but here’s a surprise: my sample was pilsener colored. Now maybe I just didn’t have enough in my glass. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still great looking. The lighter malty taste just the extra big hop load come more to the fore, And isn’t that what we really want.

MrBunn (2848) - The Wet Side of a Dry Town, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 27, 2005
Pours a nice amber color with a little bit of a reddish tint. Head is massive and foamy. Aroma is mild of hops over a grainy pine. Flavor is heavy of malt with a sharp pine taste that gives way to moderate hops... all of which comes together really nicely. Aftertaste is pleasant and brings malt back into the equation, unlike the supremely hopped 90 minute variety. Exceptionally well crafted and blended.

IndianaRed (5057) - Boise, Idaho, USA - AUG 27, 2005
Bottle Pours a slightly hazy pale orange/amber. Dense white head and spotty coarse lacing. Aroma of sweet lightly toasted grains and moderate hop componant. Flavor is a deep maltiness balanced very well with the bold but not biting hops. Feel is a bit thin but soft carbonation and a nice sweet slightly hopy aftertaste. Expected a stronger more bitter beer for the style but am happy with this one.

frink (467) - coquitlam, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 27, 2005
Pours a rich amber colour with a thin tan head, leaves a nice sticky lace on the glass as I drink it. Fresh I.P.A. aromas issue forth, piney hops, and some apples. The taste is again fresh like this was just made. It would be a great session beer as I could drink a ton of these. Damn, we don’t get enough American beers up here

tomhenderson (166) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - AUG 24, 2005
12 oz bottle. Consumed directly from bottle, so I don’t know how it pours. I’ve had this beer a number of times but never rated it until now. It’s actually better than I remembered. Perhaps I’m confusing it with 90. As others have said, this one is not too malty nor hoppy. Yet it has plenty of both. Pleasant aftertaste too, perhaps leaning towards malt. I’ll have another, please.

walter (359) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - AUG 17, 2005
Bottle. Deep orange color, clear, some floaties. Nose is very well balanced, though admittedly hop-forward, with big grapefruit citrus aroma hops, pine, and caramel malt. Medium body. Flavor mimics aroma-- lots, but well balanced, of citrusy and piney hop flavor, thickish light malt sweetness and decent amount of hop bitterness. Long, sticky finish (reminds you you’re drinkin’ good beer). The industry standard IPA; I just love this stuff!