overall
RATINGS: 3523   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our flagship beer. A session India Pale Ale brewed with Warrior, Amarillo & ’Mystery Hop X.’ A powerful East Coast I.P.A. with a lot of citrusy hop character. THE session beer for beer geeks like us!

Tasting Notes: Citrus, cedar, pine & candied-orange flavors, floral.
Food Pairing recommendations: Spicy foods, pesto, grilled salmon, soy-based dishes, pizza.
Glassware recommendation: Pint
Wine comparable: Busty Chardonnay
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 209 calories.

Jon123 (36) - Emmaus, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 18, 2005
I got a few fresh six packs directly from the brewery in Milton DE. Mmmmm...are these tasty. I enjoy this (the 60 minute IPA) beer’s finish and "mouth-feel" more than the 90 minute IPA. The 9o minute packs a helluva wallop but has more of a malt finish.

3daddict (139) - Portland, Maine, USA - JUL 17, 2005
I thought I had tired of this beer but then I found it on draught. I used it to wash down some Allagash Four I had just experienced drawn from a cask. Needless to say, I’ll be heading back to that bar! Kudos to the Great Lost Bear. Light copper color. Pleasant fruity hop aroma. As far as IPA’s go, it doesn’t get any better.

jcr (2692) - Jasper, Indiana, USA - JUL 17, 2005
Light copper color. Pleasant aroma of fruit and hops. Comes at you sweet with a welcome bite at the end.

donrajin (233) - Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina, USA - JUL 14, 2005
I was a little apprehensive at first of this brewery due to it’s name, but DAMN was I wrong. This is one of my favorite breweries. This is also one of my favorite IPA’s. This is one of their lowest flavor IPA’s. It’s almost a better Pale Ale.

Mungus (6) - Tampa, Florida, USA - JUL 13, 2005 does not count
Crystal clear amber color.Spruce nose. Nice light, crisp bitters flavor. Big hops finish.

OlivierMTL (709) - Quebec, CANADA - JUL 11, 2005
Couleur caramel dorée, apparence translucide, mousse crémeuse adhérant partiellement à la paroi du verre. Houblon floral et citronné, arômes de doux miel, de fleurs, de pins et de levure. Signature florale très persistante en bouche, réconciliée par une bonne présence de malt caramel. Le caramel se lasse rapidement et nous laisse sur une finale un peu café réminiscence d’un café de céréale, torréfaction. Corps d’épaisseur moyenne, douce carbonatation, la finale semble un brin aqueuse, et sucrée.

jstu9 (402) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 7, 2005
tap. Nice frothy head. Nice orangey-amber color. The aroma of this is wonderful, and the palate is nicely hopped but not so overly gone to be undrinakable. A nice enjoyable beer.

Dextolen (151) - Michigan, USA - JUL 7, 2005
Bottle. This is definitely the beer for summertime drinking. You gotta love a company that calls a 6%er a session beer. Piney aroma, sweet malt followed quickly by bittering hops. Cleans the palate and makes you want to take another drink.

Bilzmoude (19) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - JUL 4, 2005
Very hoppy. Rich, creamy head. beautiful bubbles, fantastic lacing. I am really enjoying this beer.

OhioDad (2492) - Hilliard, Ohio, USA - JUL 2, 2005
12oz bottle pours a deep amber color with a nice fluffy offwhite head that laces well. Aroma is grapefruit and pine. Flavor is well balanced. Starting slightly malty before the hops come onto the palate and finish with a nice grapefruit sting. On the palate it is medium bodied and easy to drink again and again.