overall
RATINGS: 3358   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our flagship beer. A session India Pale Ale brewed with Warrior, Amarillo & ’Mystery Hop X.’ A powerful East Coast I.P.A. with a lot of citrusy hop character. THE session beer for beer geeks like us!

Tasting Notes: Citrus, cedar, pine & candied-orange flavors, floral.
Food Pairing recommendations: Spicy foods, pesto, grilled salmon, soy-based dishes, pizza.
Glassware recommendation: Pint
Wine comparable: Busty Chardonnay
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 209 calories.

Zeswaft (1775) - Seattle, Washington, USA - APR 27, 2005
Sorry, I"m drinking it out of a bottle but it is still really awesome. Strong fruity bouqet. Hops dominate the palate. Haven’t had a good IPA in a while. Outstanding. Can’t wait to try the 90 minute

biggcb (464) - Harleysville, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 26, 2005
The 90 Minute IPA is much better, but this is a very tasty and easy to drink IPA.

bmd34202 (7) - Bradenton, Florida, USA - APR 21, 2005 does not count
The 90 minute is better, but this a good quality beer. Nice hop flavor, balances the malt nicely.

eblackmanicus (4) - USA - APR 21, 2005 does not count
As always, Dogfish Head brewery delivers the goods. The first thing you notice is the delicious extra hoppy floral aroma as it wafts from the glass to your nose. Ahhh, like heaven. The taste is exceptionally smooth the extra hoppy goodness excites the taste buds. Excellent! Try it, if you like this one, go for the 90 minute IPA.

darkerdabetter (255) - Michigan, USA - APR 19, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 2, 2005 I don’t really know what all the hype is over this stuff. The finish is nothing I care for at all. It had a nice pour and was pleasant in the glass, but that’s as close as I care to be to it again. I’d like to try the 90 minute just to see if there’s more substance to it, other than just bite.

dingo (37) - USA - APR 17, 2005
Foam, foam, foam everywhere. The head was just insane. I poured half the bottle and the head in the glass was crazy. I swirled the bottle and foam actually overflowed the lip. I am frankly disappointed with this beer. The aftertaste was almost medicine like. The murkiness in the glass was nice looking, but the head was a bit putting off.

tjwais (42) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - APR 14, 2005
Lots of hops right from the first whiff... I don’t get much more than that, though... I feel like it’s a one-dimensional hop-extravaganza. I prefer the 90 simply because there’s more to the beer.

Gmku (303) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - APR 11, 2005
More rapid than eagles their coursers they came or hark the herald angels sing. Darn, but this is good stuff. BIg time hops, goodly malt. Nice and smooth. Like it better than the 90 or 120. This is like just right.

JDUB (178) - Venice Beach, California, USA - APR 10, 2005
Nice hoppy aroma. Pungent, and good. Hops not as abundant as 90 minute imperial. (obviously). Very nice smoky malt sweet flavor with lots of hops. Very good beer, smooth enough to drink lots.

SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - APR 10, 2005
In the bottle at the Brickskeller. Really huge cascade hop aroma. The aroma is the best part of this beer. Gold in color with a strong white head of large bubbles. Outstanding balance of hop bitterness and malty sweetness. Mid-finish toasty flavor.