overall
RATINGS: 3480   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our flagship beer. A session India Pale Ale brewed with Warrior, Amarillo & Mystery Hop X. A powerful East Coast I.P.A. with a lot of citrusy hop character. THE session beer for beer geeks like us!

Tasting Notes: Citrus, cedar, pine & candied-orange flavors, floral.
Food Pairing recommendations: Spicy foods, pesto, grilled salmon, soy-based dishes, pizza.
Glassware recommendation: Pint
Wine comparable: Busty Chardonnay
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 209 calories.

dogfish65 (10) - Massachusetts, USA - JAN 30, 2005
this is damn good brew!! just started tasting different styles of beer and i find this one awesome. great aroma and great finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
gerbache (8) - Oakland, California, USA - JAN 30, 2005 does not count
Very well-balanced. Not quite as hoppy as I expected, but that may just be because it was more balanced with malt than I expected. My only complaint is that I cant seem to find this locally!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Arayaga2 (2157) - portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 28, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 22, 2006 The bitterness of hops with few of the other charms of a good IPA. By no means a bad beer, but just a big-fat-whatever.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - JAN 28, 2005
Poured hazy orange with big tan head...smell is all pine and grapefruit...taste is malty up front, turning to bitter spicy hops with a faint sourness to the finish...good...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
zathrus13 (1769) - Mount Laurel, New Jersey, USA - JAN 28, 2005
Pous pale orange, with a white head. Aromas of hops; orange, grapefruit, and pine. Bosy is light to medium, with flavors of grapefruit, orange, pine, and some sweet malt.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Goblincat (399) - Petersburg, Michigan, USA - JAN 25, 2005
Very clear and clean orangish-gold pour. Nose comes off with a solid bite of hops. Taste is the same... Hops and a finish almost like sucking on a pine needle. Interesting.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
mookie (45) - Tacoland, Texas, USA - JAN 21, 2005
UPDATED: JAN 31, 2005 The first thing I noticed was strong aroma as soon as I opened the bottle. Smells like fresh medium quality cannibis and fresh cut hay. Doesnt appear to be bottle conditioned, no yeast. Looks filtered. Nice color, few bubbles. Clean. Dry hops and finish hops dominate. Very thin mouthfeel for the style. Like hop tea. Not near enough malt or bitterness to make balance. Sweet sticky finish. Cloying. I bought a single, disappointing. A six pack would have been regretable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
wyntastr (10) - Florida, USA - JAN 20, 2005
Fantastic IPA for hop-heads everywhere. Poured a nice golden color with big, rocky head. First impression upon bringing it to my nose was the aroma. Man, what a wicked hop aroma this has and then some. Mystery Hop X must be in the cannabis family because I definitely got a whiff of some righteous bud! Flavor was clean and crisp and begged to be quaffed. I really dug this beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
pjk33 (390) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 20, 2005
Bottle. Pours a clear golden, not light or dark, just golden with a big bubbled head that does not look creamy, just big. Head is already lacing the glass as I type with nice "stickiness". Nose is different than I expected with a bit of citrus, but not sweet. Something else in this aroma, maybe some sticks, twigs, and leaves in an autumn forest. Now, lets taste it... This is odd stuff... an understated flavor that reminds me of a grilled steak or chop that fades into a light biting bitterness and then to the leaves and sticks that I talked about earlier. This sounds bad, but it isnt... it actually has a little smoked flavor, but it doesnt taste heavy because the body is actually pretty light and the carb is fizzy, not creamy. Im not sure that I have ever tasted Warrior Hops, and that is probably the flavor that I am unfamiliar with, but I really like this beer. After 1/3 of the glass it has taken over all of my taste buds and I like the direction that it has taken me. Very good, but very different than most IPAs.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
WorstDemoEver (15) - Los Angeles, California, USA - JAN 20, 2005
A great example of an IPA. I had been hearing about this one for a while and was glad to finally find it.