overall
RATINGS: 3370   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our flagship beer. A session India Pale Ale brewed with Warrior, Amarillo & ’Mystery Hop X.’ A powerful East Coast I.P.A. with a lot of citrusy hop character. THE session beer for beer geeks like us!

Tasting Notes: Citrus, cedar, pine & candied-orange flavors, floral.
Food Pairing recommendations: Spicy foods, pesto, grilled salmon, soy-based dishes, pizza.
Glassware recommendation: Pint
Wine comparable: Busty Chardonnay
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 209 calories.

mookie (45) - Tacoland, Texas, USA - JAN 21, 2005
UPDATED: JAN 31, 2005 The first thing I noticed was strong aroma as soon as I opened the bottle. Smells like fresh medium quality cannibis and fresh cut hay. Doesn’t appear to be bottle conditioned, no yeast. Looks filtered. Nice color, few bubbles. Clean. Dry hops and finish hops dominate. Very thin mouthfeel for the style. Like hop tea. Not near enough malt or bitterness to make balance. Sweet sticky finish. Cloying. I bought a single, disappointing. A six pack would have been regretable.

wyntastr (10) - Florida, USA - JAN 20, 2005
Fantastic IPA for hop-heads everywhere. Poured a nice golden color with big, rocky head. First impression upon bringing it to my nose was the aroma. Man, what a wicked hop aroma this has and then some. Mystery Hop X must be in the cannabis family because I definitely got a whiff of some righteous bud! Flavor was clean and crisp and begged to be quaffed. I really dug this beer.

pjk33 (390) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 20, 2005
Bottle. Pours a clear golden, not light or dark, just golden with a big bubbled head that does not look creamy, just big. Head is already lacing the glass as I type with nice "stickiness". Nose is different than I expected with a bit of citrus, but not sweet. Something else in this aroma, maybe some sticks, twigs, and leaves in an autumn forest. Now, let’s taste it... This is odd stuff... an understated flavor that reminds me of a grilled steak or chop that fades into a light biting bitterness and then to the leaves and sticks that I talked about earlier. This sounds bad, but it isn’t... it actually has a little smoked flavor, but it doesn’t taste heavy because the body is actually pretty light and the carb is fizzy, not creamy. I’m not sure that I have ever tasted Warrior Hops, and that is probably the flavor that I am unfamiliar with, but I really like this beer. After 1/3 of the glass it has taken over all of my taste buds and I like the direction that it has taken me. Very good, but very different than most IPA’s.

WorstDemoEver (16) - Los Angeles, California, USA - JAN 20, 2005
A great example of an IPA. I had been hearing about this one for a while and was glad to finally find it.

gsteph (325) - knoxville, Tennessee, USA - JAN 19, 2005
UPDATED: JAN 20, 2005 Looks virtually the same as the 90 minute version. Awesome bronze color with a foamy white head. Leaves good lace. The aroma is incredible...piney, citrus fruit (mainly grapefruit), woodsy and sappy. Flavor is piney, a citrusy/ floral concoction. The hoppiness is cut down by the malt. Bitter finish though but not overly so. This is a great session IPA.

JackLanders (55) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - JAN 19, 2005
I fell in love with this IPA and it loved me back. Everybody makes an IPA. It’s not a stretch to say that IPA is probably the most crowded style of beer in the craft-brewing world. With so much competition it’s hard to distinguish yourself, but Dogfish Head does it again and again with their whole lineup of 60, 90 & 120 minute IPAs. Myself, I prefer the 60 minute version for quaffing purposes because it isn’t as high in alcohol as the other 2. This goes on my top 5 list of all-time favorite IPAs.

AcctError12410 (53) - chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 19, 2005
yes,yes,yes, we can all write down ’piney’ and ’citrus’ and ’woody grapefruit honey’ and all that, but what really matters is how a beer takes hold of you. this beer changed the way I feel about IPAs. like you like your whole life in a room, a really great room that you find perfect, then you walk through the door and see the rest of the house. This beer does that. My A#1 IPA.

csbosox (1229) - Prairie Village, Kansas, USA - JAN 18, 2005
12 oz bottle. 54°. NB Worthy glass. Golden orange color with a small off-white head that subsides quickly, leaving a ring around the glass and some haze and small bubbles. Moderate lacing. Aroma is clover honey, citrus peels, and grapefruit notes. Flavor dives right into hops, with a small malt base. The hops are citrusy and piney and very flavorful. They also are fairly bitter. Finish is dry and bitter with lots of fleeting hops character. The mouthfeel is pretty good for the style. This is an excellent IPA, but I feel that it lacks some of the balance that some of the great ones posess. That being said, I love a hoppy beer and I am enjoying this quite a bit.

biz82 (1327) - austin, Texas, USA - JAN 17, 2005
Pours clear and golden with a decent white head. Musky and malty aroma with some pine and citrus and a bit of yeast. I get a bit of wood shavings in the smell also, like a pencil being sharpened. Good body and mouthfeel with a pleasant bitter finish. Interesting earthy and malty flavor with some star anise and grapefruit. Somewhat similar to Terminal Gravity IPA. Distinct.

osmg95 (44) - Ohio, USA - JAN 9, 2005
I like this beer ....maybe not as much as the 90 but it’s certainly a bit smoother. Lacks a bit of that pine flavor i really like in the 90. I’m happy with the hop content.