overall
RATINGS: 3378   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our flagship beer. A session India Pale Ale brewed with Warrior, Amarillo & ’Mystery Hop X.’ A powerful East Coast I.P.A. with a lot of citrusy hop character. THE session beer for beer geeks like us!

Tasting Notes: Citrus, cedar, pine & candied-orange flavors, floral.
Food Pairing recommendations: Spicy foods, pesto, grilled salmon, soy-based dishes, pizza.
Glassware recommendation: Pint
Wine comparable: Busty Chardonnay
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 209 calories.

GEOBRAU (188) - Mesa, Arizona, USA - DEC 5, 2003
Bottle: bottle conditioned pours a dark straw color. Sweet malt with piney hop flavor and a very steady persistent bitter aftertaste.

cherr (162) - Rochester, New York, USA - NOV 30, 2003
This beer is a dark golden color. The consistency is light, but is is murky and not easily seen through. The taste is extremely full and fresh. The hops are very noticeable and do somewhat overpower the malt. A tasty beer most would like.

possumjc (149) - Charleston - Mt Pleasant, South Carolina, USA - NOV 23, 2003
12oz. Bottle (Bottled in October, drank 11/23/03). Warm orange yellow color. Thin head. Slighty fruity aromas. Tingly, carbonated feel in the mouth. Hoppy sweet taste with slighty sweet aftertaste. Not as hoppy as other IPA's I've tried but a nice beer overall.

Suttree (6575) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - NOV 23, 2003
Cloudy Copper, thin but persistant white head. Huge lemon and fruit aroma. The initial flavor is hops, of course - woodsy, resiny, earthy, then more of a tart, citrus flavor. Malt is there, but never really takes center stage. Thinnish body, which seems to fit this brew.

slang (654) - Columbia, South Carolina, USA - NOV 21, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 15, 2011 bottle. COMPLETE Re-rate! (When I rated this back in ’03, I wrote "I’m not an IPA fan"...... How time&tastes change.) Great hop combo that results in silly drinkability & challenging character. Perfectly Pale Session Ale.

bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - NOV 20, 2003
Possibly the best IPA I've ever had. Not killing you with hops. Nicely drinkable. Powerful odor.

bclasen (17) - USA - NOV 19, 2003
Pours with a nice head - nice lacing as well. Cloudy/orange color, nearly opaque. Plenty of hops, with a nice bitter aftertaste. An easy drinker, I think I like the lesser intensity of the 60 over the 90, but need to do more tasting. a bit effervescent, I think I'll be enjoying this one a lot for years to come.

SiddFinch (156) - Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 17, 2003
Creamy mouthfeel. Hops produce a good lemony taste without tasting like I'm drinking Pledge.

DragonStout (1418) - Groveport, Ohio, USA - NOV 17, 2003
This was a good hoppy beer with lots of bitterness.Was a brownish red color with a mild head.

motelpogo (8031) - Plzen, CZECH REPUBLIC - NOV 16, 2003
thanks to duff for bringing this around to quench our respective thirsts after some pretty intense backyard cricket. honey-hay aroma was slightly spicy and promising. no surprises that there was a lot of hops in there, quite oily and sweaty for a moment and then some tangy bitterness