overall
RATINGS: 3367   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our flagship beer. A session India Pale Ale brewed with Warrior, Amarillo & ’Mystery Hop X.’ A powerful East Coast I.P.A. with a lot of citrusy hop character. THE session beer for beer geeks like us!

Tasting Notes: Citrus, cedar, pine & candied-orange flavors, floral.
Food Pairing recommendations: Spicy foods, pesto, grilled salmon, soy-based dishes, pizza.
Glassware recommendation: Pint
Wine comparable: Busty Chardonnay
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 209 calories.

dogfish65 (10) - Massachusetts, USA - JAN 30, 2005
this is damn good brew!! just started tasting different styles of beer and i find this one awesome. great aroma and great finish.

Bigsilky (327) - Charleston, USA - MAY 15, 2005
Perfect IPA. I love this beer. The color is a golden copper and very consistent between bottle and tap, spot on for traditional style. A whipped creamy white head forms after pouring and chases the beer down to the bottom of the glass. Truly a sign of a world class beer. A beautiful waltz occurs between the rich malt and the hops. Spicy citrus, earthy, and conifer hop elements all exist here in blanced nirvana. Everything I love about IPA is here. The finish leaves the palate clean, dry, and crying out for another taste. For a bottle conditioned beer it possess exceptional clarity. If you don’t like this beer, just give it up now.

tattooscott (6) - shepherdstown, West Virginia, USA - NOV 16, 2005 does not count
This is my absolute favorite beer. Bright hoppiness at start, nice smooth transition to subtle malty middle with a faint citrus finish. Smooth and crisp, very refreshing and drinkable. I cannot say enough about this beer. As IPAs go I say this is the best I have ever had.

BillArr (8) - Caribou, Maine, USA - JAN 11, 2006 does not count
Wonderfully hoppy brew with just enough alcohol to make it interesting. This beer is excellent at room temperature or slightly higher, with a gingerbread like desert.

RockClimbing (1) - USA - JUL 26, 2006 does not count
This is absolutely everthing an IPA should be. Nice bitterness, hint of sweetness, perfectly balanced. Clean finish. Leaves you ready for the next sip. The best IPA I have found.

BrewerDub (34) - USA - JAN 2, 2007
One of my new favorites!! Phenomenal golden color and great head retention. Awesome hop flavor and aroma with some definate sweetness of citrus(?) in there. Great hoppy finish that is not at all as bitter as it is sweet. You can really knock these back. Great job Dogfish!!

magicsloth (10) - USA - JUN 2, 2007
I love this beer. Easy drinking, great flavor, good head. A bit pricey in MI though.

vt45 (6) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - NOV 22, 2007 does not count
Only my second rating, so ignore as you wish, but this beer is my absolute favorite. I dream about the day I venture to the desolate state of Delaware to experience the essencse of this most excellent beer off the tap... pure nirvana for me.

gonzo46and2 (108) - Tampa, Florida, USA - MAY 7, 2008
A most distinctive IPA. My favororite thus far in my infancy of beer tasting. You can try dozens of IPAs and this one will surprise you. My favorite of the 60, 90 and 120 offerings from Dogfish.

vicepeddler (24) - Broomfield, USA - APR 23, 2010
Clean, bright, complex hop character up front. The depth of the malt character is caught aggresively by the magnificent hop balance. Finishes cleanly. The complexity of this IPA is the stuff of legend. Perfection from first pour to the last drop.