overall

RATINGS: 4253   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

Phatz (225) - Paradise, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 3, 2006
Appearance: Pours a golden orange color with a small creamy head that fades quickly. Leaves very heavy lacing coating the walls of my snifter glass. Smell: I was expecting the hops to be too big. This beer may have gotten bigger than the 60 min but it did not get overly bitey. The smell is actually more toasted sweet malt that it is over the top pine bite. After the caramel lead off there is a bold grapefruit presence but not cloying. (coming from a non-hophead). I is very fruity like some apple and white grape were thrown in this floral bouquet. Taste & Mouthfeel: Sweet. Smooth! Alcohol and balanced hop spice then dry finish and grapefruit aftertaste with a second wave of sugars following the tart. The moment this beer touched my lips it was instant onslaught of marvelous sugars and tingles. It is so magnificently smooth and slick it just slid across my tougher with its oily malty slickness and unless I stopped to swish it around the bitter was only presented as a mild tingle. When I held on to it for further contemplation the alcohol did show through but in nice balance with the citrus rind tartness. The aftertaste left me with a grapefruit pucker followed by more sugars coming back around for a second wave of sweetness. Brilliant! Drinkability: This is a very drinkable beer. At 9% ABV it has caught up to you before you know it. I would consider it easy to drink but not sessionable. Hope this is helpful. Cheers!

hughie (3996) - Bedford, Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - AUG 2, 2006
Cask at GBBF ’06. Mid amber with a small head. Distinctive sweet, spicy aroma. Sweet berry fruit taste and a lot of alcohol. Slight bitterness. Like nothing I’ve ever tasted before. Delicious, strong and very good..

LeopoldStoch (201) - Green, Ohio, USA - AUG 1, 2006
This was the beer that got me to make the jump from decent beer to basically only craft brews from now on. I have had this one too many times to count, but it still an excellent double ipa. The aroma is a huge floral and fruity hop aroma from the amarillo and simcoe hops. The taste has a lot of hop bitterness but it is done very well. There is a lot of sweet malt in this one that balances the beer out quite well, and the alcohol is very well hidden for the 9%. A very good beer that I would recomend.

JensenTaster (1719) - DENMARK - AUG 1, 2006
(on bottle thanx hopscoctch for this classic IIPA) Dark, clear and orange, with a steady white head. Welbalanced hoparoma, heavy of cause, with a zing of Faxe Kondi. Small carbonation, most be a beer for low temps, allthough I know it´s the other way aroud that seems best for me. The little bobbles, gives the sugars and barley lots of space and the )% are fighting hard to stay in the balance. It does and makes a fine beer.

deltamarik (50) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - JUL 30, 2006
One of the best beers I’ve had. As hoppy as any IPA short of Stone Ruination or the 120 Minute, and as complex as most imperial stouts. At the same time, it’s accessible even to non-hopheads. Try this if you haven’t already (hell, even if you have).

POD (198) - USA - JUL 30, 2006
Bottle. I was greeted by a pungent aroma of hops. Appearance was golden clear with nice head and lacing. Flavor was overwhelming citrus and orange peel. By the bottom of the glass I felt like I was back on the California Grapefruit diet! Too much citrus for flavor for my liking. I don’t think there will be a repeat performance for this Dogfish product in Pod’s World.

TheOrange (479) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 29, 2006
Very strong hoppy aroma. No room for any other scents in here. The Flavor is strong nose of hopps, but the height of the hoppy flavor was very mellow and quite pleasent. The finsh was fast and clean. This the type of beer that is easy to drink and hids its high alcohol content. Great beer.

alobar (3864) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 28, 2006
Powerful and pleasant aroma. Hoppy. Sopay white head that dissipates quickly. Clear amber color. Taste is hoppy and bitter at the end. Up front taste is fruity/orange. A great beer!

smhncabot (310) - Cabot, Arkansas, USA - JUL 28, 2006
UPDATED: DEC 15, 2006 A favorite i loved to go to. Great aroma. Citrus and sweet biscuit malt. Palate full yet carbonated. Nice lacing. Flavor sweet citrus (some pine) hoppiness.Quite sweet but finishes with lingering bitterness. Excellent IPA

victory (45) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 27, 2006
One of my favorite beers. Wonderful aroma, warming flavor. It’s a beer that just feels good to drink. Must have food on hand because IPA’s give me the munchies.