overall

RATINGS: 4651   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

altivoid (4) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - APR 8, 2006 does not count
A great IPA but I think it lacks some of the bite that the 60 min. is famous for. It has almost too smooth of a finish for an IPA. I must admit the regardless of my critiques above, this beer is still one of the top ten in my book.

hophead75 (2012) - Largo, Florida, USA - APR 7, 2006
12 oz. pours a rather clear amber with a medium off white head. decent lacing. Aroma is of pine and citrus, taste is of big bitter hops up front with a malty body and a smooth, piney bitter finish. In my opinion, this is the most well balanced imperial ipa i’ve come across.

tricpimp (7) - USA - APR 6, 2006 does not count
Pours a steady dark reddish amber. Strong notes of citrusy grapefruit. Aftertaste is light and lasting. 9%abv.

stegosaurus (1882) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 31, 2006
UPDATED: MAR 16, 2007 On draft at Issac Newton’s. Pours amber with small compact off-white head. Aroma of pine hops, citrus, sweet malts. Flavor is exceptionally smooth, citrus, sweet up-front, carbonation with a mildly bitter finish, with an after taste of slight orange. Good healthy body, Great brew.

PhysZac (69) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - MAR 31, 2006
Bottle. With the immense hop presence, I was extremely surprised by the continual balance of sweet candy-like malt presence. It just doesn’t seem like anything else should squeeze through, but a lot of malt presence is there. Wonderful aroma of flowery citrus. A little sticky, but also very dry. Good head, and gorgeous golden body, but I was dissapointed by the lack of lacing. A world-class beer which has earned my admiration.

beerBB (132) - Harleysville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 30, 2006
UPDATED: MAY 29, 2007 The hops are amazing, the aromatic hops are more impressive than the bittering hops. A really great effort. all the hopiness makes you forget it 9%.

seal614 (9) - Philly, USA - MAR 29, 2006 does not count
UPDATED: APR 17, 2006 Amazing level of hops, exactly what I’m looking for in an imperial IPA. My overall favorite beer. Enough said.

jaw61103 (5) - Littleton, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 27, 2006 does not count
Whoa! This is a wonderful beer. It is an incredibly drinkable and remarkably tasty IPA from Dogfish Head. It is a clear dark orange color and when it is poured into a glass the wave of carbonation seems to almost hit the bottom of the glass before settling on top. Flavor is mostly of hoppy grapefruit but balanced out nice with a barleywine-esque sweetness. This beer goes down smooth and easy so if you’ve drank a few while sitting be careful when you stand up because that 9% definatly hits you in the right places.

blankboy (7662) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 27, 2006
Bottle courtesy of HogTownHarry. Pours a cloudy bubbly amber with an average size diminishing foamy white head. Aroma is a nicely balanced blend of floral hops and malt -- simple but downright pleasant. The flavour’s a touch watery and not as hoppy as I thought it would be but it’s nicely balanced and very tasty. The alcohol is noticeable but not too bad for a 9% beer. Full bodied. This isn’t as good as the 120 Minute but still a damn fine beer.

direwolf600 (37) - Philadlephia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 27, 2006
This is my favorite drinking beer. When I just want to sit, not think about it, know that it will be just what I want, Dogfish 90 min is it for me. That is all.