overall

RATINGS: 4275   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

Padron4KM (811) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - MAY 7, 2006
12 oz bottle. Bottled on date 04/04/06 stamped on the neck. Poured out clear amber. Thick two finger head slowly recedes and coats the glass with a layer of sticky lace.
Aroma is fruity and floral much like the 60 min, just a little juicier.
Flavor is sweet at first followed by some pine and citrus with a little bit of spice.
Finish is long and piney, a little heat from the alcohol burns the back of the throat and warms the belly.
Pricey beer, for just a little more than what I paid for this, I’d rather have a bomber of Ruination. Still, cost aside, it was a damn good beer.

cbkschubert (2901) - BFE, Arizona, USA - MAY 6, 2006
Courtesy of decaturstevo - Clear amber color with a very small head that faded quickly. Nice fruity aroma. Malty with a tad bit of fruit flavor. Smooth medium bodied beer. Good beer. Thanks Steve

y0cola (361) - fremont, California, USA - MAY 5, 2006
clear yellow orange color with minimal head. aroma is slightly peachy but very strong and delish. mouthfeel is very carbonated and medium bodied. the flavor is bitter with a bit of sweetness to it. some honey in it. good hops, bros.

dret (22) - santa cruz, California, USA - MAY 4, 2006
One of the most flavorful IPA’s I’ve ever had. Very sweet. Very delicious. Unique brew. Stong alcohol and sugar flavors, but drinkable. It’s like the Beatles Revolution #9.

stoutlvr (52) - Lansing, Michigan, USA - MAY 3, 2006
Was expecting more from this beer. Will gladly pay less for a more enjoyable beer. Cant wait to rate their chicory stout, which is also overpriced crap! Stay away from Dogfish head!

rederic (3344) - montréal, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 2, 2006
Bright amber color, with a frothy white head, leaving nice lacing, the nose has some piney, coniferous, grassy, flowery hops notes, with a sweet caramelized malt accent and a bright hop oils, with a peachy and orange fruitiness in the aroma follows through on a medium-bodied palate, with a smooth caramelized malt, a toffeeish accent, with an alcoholic warmth felling, maybe a touch of butterscotch, with a nice basket of flowery hops, letting emerged some piney, cedar wood, coniderous and pine needles notes, with a hint of peachy fruitiness, leading towards a sweet malty and lingering hop bitterness finish.

awaisanen (1310) - Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 1, 2006
From bottle, courtesy of slob. Coppery amber colored pour with a thin layer of white head that quickly reduces to a small, sudsy ring. Gently swirling the brew sends sheets of large, shimmering bubbles spalshing down the sides of my snifter glass. My initial impression of the aroma is one of mild surprise. Instead of the powerful grapefruit and pine aromas I was expecting, my nose is greeted by a waft of honey and peach. Springtime tulips and a touch of rye seem to be buried in there as well. The subtleness of the aroma is a bit misleading, however, as a powerful blast of juniper needles and rosemary petals explodes across my tongue. Heavy feeling mouthfeel, without being sticky or syrupy. A bit of tangy orange zest, sage, and green pepper spice also seems to be coming out from behind the evergreen trees. The final smack drips of gin with a little too much alcohol heat. My hops perception has definitey been distorted from my beer exposure here on the west coast. Thanks, Bert!

Indy (87) - Hopkins, Minnesota, USA - MAY 1, 2006
Clear copper pour, thin oily head. Citrus hoppy goodness is the dominant aroma, layered with sweet malts. Flavor is very hoppy, with a substantial malt base. The continuous hopping is a briliant idea; I plan on incorparating it into my next homebrew!!

Bartzilla (624) - La Mesa, California, USA - MAY 1, 2006
I’m spolied with west coast IPAs. I’ve heard a lot about this beer and saw the tv shows on History Channel, so I was eager to try it. Not too shabby. The alcohol is well hidden by the malt, though for a 90 minute hop schedule, I expected more of a bite. But, don’t get me wrong... I liked this stuff and if I lived back east, this would probably be my "go to" beer.

Naven (1001) - Poway, California, USA - APR 30, 2006
Bottle. Expected a lot more from this beer. I think my problem is that I have become too used to west coast IPA’s and this beer tasted too malty and sweet for my tastes. Not really a clean piney hop taste like I want in an IPA. Not terrible, but nothing special.