overall

RATINGS: 4661   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

blankboy (7689) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 27, 2006
Bottle courtesy of HogTownHarry. Pours a cloudy bubbly amber with an average size diminishing foamy white head. Aroma is a nicely balanced blend of floral hops and malt -- simple but downright pleasant. The flavour’s a touch watery and not as hoppy as I thought it would be but it’s nicely balanced and very tasty. The alcohol is noticeable but not too bad for a 9% beer. Full bodied. This isn’t as good as the 120 Minute but still a damn fine beer.

direwolf600 (37) - Philadlephia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 27, 2006
This is my favorite drinking beer. When I just want to sit, not think about it, know that it will be just what I want, Dogfish 90 min is it for me. That is all.

murrayswine (101) - Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 27, 2006
If you are a true hop-head, than this is the Mecca of beers for you. This poured a golden amber range color with a slight head that relaxed into good lacing. The nose is an absolute punch in the face of hops, hops, nutty malts, hops and hops. THe taste is a bitter roll of hops searing the tongue. It’s absolute heaven in a bottle. I’ve been a hop head for a while, this is my flagship.

urban26mnt (9) - USA - MAR 26, 2006 does not count
A clear, orangish color, with small-mid amount of head. Very enticing look. A surprising mix of flavor, with hardly any notice of alcohol. Well balanced and enjoyable to drink.

TheEpeeist (3709) - Media, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 26, 2006
12 oz bottle. Clear copper colored with a perky peach head. Musty orange and grapefruit. Sweet and piney into candied orange peel finishing with juicy grapefruit. A creamy medium body without the sharp hop and alcohol edges. A smooth easy-drinking blend of bold flavors.

patrick767 (4063) - fort wayne, Indiana, USA - MAR 26, 2006
bottle - Pours clear and gold with a thin, fading head that leaves a bit of lacing. The aroma is dominated by piney hops and has a hint of alcohol. The flavor is of course hoppy, but is also surprisingly well balanced for such intense hop flavors. The label doesn’t lie when it says a "ridiculous amount" of barley was used. It must have taken a lot to balance this hoppy beast so well. The finish is hoppy as expected, long lasting, and the 9% alcohol is well masked. This is an excellent brew.

Ibrew2or3 (8614) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - MAR 25, 2006
The 90 Minute poured out in light copper color and a large slightly off white head. A bit of the head lasted until the bitter end along with some light lacing. The aroma was alcohol, citrus and bread. The alcohol was the strongest aromatic player. At the first sip the initial sweat caramel flavor gives way to the somewhat harsh bitter bite that lingers until the next sip. Very nice balance of high gravity sweatness and hoppy goodness. It feels like a medium body that certianly finishes dry. A solid imperial IPA.

ncyankee (22) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - MAR 25, 2006
UPDATED: APR 4, 2006 This was the beer (had my first one a couple months ago) that showed me what a good craft beer could be, since the 6% cap was lifted in NC last October. This is a beer of well-balanced contrasts - hoppy bitterness balanced by fruity sweetness. High alcohol content that is so well disguised that you will feel the effect before you taste any alcohol. Rich mouthfeel yet so drinkable that it seems no sooner do I open one than it is gone, leaving me yearning for another. I have had "better" beers (such as Rochefort 10) but this is my favorite because I find it the most interesting.

kepano (278) - Los Angeles, California, USA - MAR 24, 2006
90 Minute IPA poured a crystalline orange tone topped of a fuzzy white head. The aroma initially evokes sweetened grapefruit and orange, a hoppy nose that only subsequently accretes in complexity. Mirabelle, pineapple and vanilla are soon revealed to create a fruity blend that merges with the alcohol tones of an expensive flowery perfume. A grainy wheat smell that reminds of Corn Flakes is further supported by Parmesan cheese and surprises amidst the traditional hops. Meanwhile the looming sweetness of chestnut honey provides a luscious background to the elaborate nose of this beer. As the tip of the tongue collides with the liquid a sweet flavor of orange juice appears but gradually expands to a hoppy burnt toast sensation and ultimately descends to a creamy finish. The strong carbonation and bitterness of the palate renders this beer difficult for me to drink and evaluate but I do appreciate the attempt at a more complex brew in this style.

xdream (16) - Madison, Alabama, USA - MAR 24, 2006
The aroma is like that of a Christmas tree. In a snifter the liquid brew reflects the light like a copper ornament ready for that tree I smell. The flavor is an amazing piney taste upfront, followed by a bitterness. The mouth feel is smooth and easy. Overall this is a perfect DPA. I tip my hat to you DFH.