overall

RATINGS: 4256   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

grat (432) - ST. Louis, Missouri, USA - DEC 15, 2005
One of the more interesting DIPAs out there for sure. Excellently sweet. Hops on this one play a role similiar to those in 120 minute only without being pinned down and suffocated out by the screeeching malts. Copper coolness. Piney nose, resinous but not a punch in the face. Artful and full of skill. Excellent beer

GreenDragon (219) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 15, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 10, 2006 Pours with a thick rocky white head on a cloudy deep orange body. Lots of lacing. Strong aroma of citric hops. Intensely bitter taste with a very pleasant aftertaste. Thick alcoholic body.

mjurney (64) - Amarillo, Texas, USA - DEC 15, 2005
Wow!! This 90 Minute Imperial IPA is great!! Pours out amber/golden color with a nice head. Nice fresh cirtus aroma. Very hoppy flavor; Cirtus, herbable, slighty spicy. Nice rich finish. The best IPA I ever had!!

LilKem (1213) - Marietta, Ohio, USA - DEC 11, 2005
Much like the 60 minute but a little more alcohol flavor and less attention to the balanced flavors. Not as much citrus in this one.

tinydancer (52) - Gibsonville, North Carolina, USA - DEC 10, 2005
Appearance reminds me of mahogany thats been brushed with tung oil, golden red. Lasting thin head looks rich and creamy. Lots of bubbles. Aroma is very fresh. I detect grapefruit and fresh hops. Very similar in aroma to the 60 min IPA.. Palate is full bodied and smooth. The flavor is rich. Heavy malt and hops. Slight astringency with a reasonably dry finish. Bitterness is certainly present, but resovles before the next sip. Caramel and citrus come through. This is a wonderful IPA and and excellent beer in general. Maybe one of the finest I’ve tasted as of 12-10-05. I had high expectations of this beer having already enjoyed the 60 minute IPA and this certainly dosen’t disappoint. Excellent. The high alcohol content goes concealed. Man I’ve had less than half a pint and I’ve already been smacked. I could go on and on. I love this beer!

dpointer74 (16) - Lubbock, Texas, USA - DEC 9, 2005
This is a very good IPA. It has an insane amount of hops, but there’s enough barely to prevent it from being overpowering. The weakest attribute is the appearance (the head was a disappointment), but who drinks a fine IPA because it looks good?

mkgrenwel (621) - North Shore, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 9, 2005
Considering all the hops in this one, it is balanced extremely well. It actually comes off quite malty, with a sweet, biscuity beginning. This, of course transitions into a nice citrusy, piney hop bitterness. A nice beer, but actually isn’t very unique. The hops are so subdued by the malt that it comes off like a pretty standard IIPA. I actually prefer the 60 minute, which I find to have jucier, brighter hops. Still, a very good beer.

tronraner (2459) - Walland, Tennessee, USA - DEC 4, 2005
Bottle. Pours a crystalline red-gold with fluffy off-white head. The aroma is, well, grapefruit hops, with some alcohol and a note of sweetness. The flavor is assertive and well balanced: a foundation of rich barley holds up the crazy hoppiness, with the alcohol prancing around. Impressive.

sean1981 (3) - palisades park, New Jersey, USA - DEC 4, 2005 does not count
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST BEERS EVER MADE,MANY OF MY FRIENDS AND I HAVE SAMPLED THIS TASTY BEER AMONG MANY OTHER IPA’S. THERE IS NO OTHER BEER AS SMOOTH AS THIS WITH THE AMOUNT OF HOP OFFERED, I RECOMMEND THAT EVERYONE TRY THIS LUCIOUS BEER AT LEAST ONCE IN THERE LIFE. FURTHER MORE DOGFISH HEAD IS BY FAR THE BEST BREWING COMPANY TO COME. SO DRINK DOGFISH AND ENJOY AND MAKE SURE YOU TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW DOGFISH HEAD IS NUMBER ONE.

siriusbugeater (5) - Clayton, Ohio, USA - DEC 2, 2005 does not count
UPDATED: JAN 12, 2006 I recently have been addicted to finding great IPAs. I bought four of these a few weeks back and found it DEEELICOUS!!! Not for the faint of heart the 90 minute hop will kick your ass!!