overall

RATINGS: 4289   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

HogTownHarry (7309) - Toronto (Harbourfront), CANADA - DEC 29, 2005
Bottle (12oz). Trade from Mullman. *Rating #750* Poured clear orange-amber with a decent creamy white lasting head. Aroma - very balanced and appealing - fruity light roast malt, fresh rich (but not overpowering) almost floral hops, as much like an ESB as a pale ale. Taste - wow. I mean, wow. This is BEER - solid barley flavour, waves of fresh, almost tea-like hops. Simple, elegant, not harshly bitter, but very dry mouthfeel, lively, rich, long lingering taste of hops. Not my preferred style, but as good as any I’ve tried before.

xproudfoot (750) - Paleolithic, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 28, 2005
Smells like a hoppy peanut butter, jelly, and banana sandwich. Pours ruby-amber with a 2mm head that fades. Sticky sweet and then bitter flavor. Leaves a nice banana - beer bitter finish. A little carbonated, a little lacing. nice. Alcohol is well hidden. A little too sweet for my taste in IPAs and the hops are not my favorite mix, but it is good, just not as great as I’d hoped.

kreepindeth (404) - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA - DEC 26, 2005
Let me start by saying this is not my style of beer. The aroma really impressed me hoppy, fruity, and sweet smelling. Color is almost a perfect transparent copper. Taste is extremely hoppy with some noticeable bitterness in the finish. Hops were luckily not as overpowering as I thought they would be. Alcohol does not make a strong appearance either.

crizay (1050) - Brook Park, Ohio, USA - DEC 24, 2005
Well really all I can say is after having the 60 minute right before this, it was exactly like it but with more alcohol (obviously), but really it tasted the same but with more of a kick.

kungus (15) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 23, 2005
Among the best DIPA’s I’ve had. Slightly creamy compared to many other DIPA’s. Can sense the alcohol, but it doesn’t seem as potent as it really is. The malt and hops blend nicely while the hops linger very well without being overly acidic.

Birdiebeagle (958) - Perkasie, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 22, 2005
Bottle Pours a cloudy golden yellow with a good off white fizzy head, excellent lacing on the glass and mostly lasting. Aroma is hoppy with a touch grain cereal. Some dough, perfumes, plum, and alcohol. At first taste this was acidic, then it warmed a bit, it became sweet with a touch of bitterness. Light to medium body with a creamy texture and somewhat lively. This is a great beer with a higher abv, it will knock you for a loop but its a great trip.

Krazyjon (11) - Pensacola, Florida, USA - DEC 19, 2005
UPDATED: NOV 21, 2008 This remains one of the best beers I have ever had and certainly the best IIPA slightly ahead of Ruination. After being awed by the 60-min. I expected this to be hop INSANITY, but was surprised at the balance. If I had any willpower at all with this stuff I’d love to try it aged. But that ain’t gonna happen! A truly beautious brew.

fatty (363) - Perkiomenville, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 18, 2005
Pours clear honey amber with light carbonation and thin off-white head that laces the ring. Aroma is floral, light pine, grapefruit. Flavor is well balanced with dry hops, light orange/citrus and barley. Beautiful mix. Throw in a soft, smooth, slightly sticky palate. Great IPA.

cwayne (1) - Glastonbury, Connecticut, USA - DEC 17, 2005 does not count
It poured out a brilliant golden brown. It looked like I had poured alfalfa honey. It had a bold taste, long and lasting. Hints of apricot and not a lot of carbonation.. It was fantastic beer.

madcow75 (426) - Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 16, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 7, 2008 Pours cloudy orange with a thin white, bubbly head. Very good looking brew. Lots of lacing. Very citrus hop aroma, but definitely some malt backing it up. Hops are a little more muted then I would have thought. A little spiciness in there. This is pretty well balanced. Acidic and sticky. Some bitterness in the finish. A well crafted beer. Rerate 2/7/08 Pour is clear amber/copper with a medium off white head. Lively carbonation, lots of bubbles rising. Aroma seems more crisp this time, citrus and pine resin with just a touch of malt. Taste is tame but good, very well balanced, not harsh at all. Good hop presence with citrus and pine and same rasin type fruit in the finish. Better than I remember. A little bit of alcohol burn.