overall

RATINGS: 4292   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

Krazyjon (11) - Pensacola, Florida, USA - DEC 19, 2005
UPDATED: NOV 21, 2008 This remains one of the best beers I have ever had and certainly the best IIPA slightly ahead of Ruination. After being awed by the 60-min. I expected this to be hop INSANITY, but was surprised at the balance. If I had any willpower at all with this stuff I’d love to try it aged. But that ain’t gonna happen! A truly beautious brew.

fatty (363) - Perkiomenville, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 18, 2005
Pours clear honey amber with light carbonation and thin off-white head that laces the ring. Aroma is floral, light pine, grapefruit. Flavor is well balanced with dry hops, light orange/citrus and barley. Beautiful mix. Throw in a soft, smooth, slightly sticky palate. Great IPA.

cwayne (1) - Glastonbury, Connecticut, USA - DEC 17, 2005 does not count
It poured out a brilliant golden brown. It looked like I had poured alfalfa honey. It had a bold taste, long and lasting. Hints of apricot and not a lot of carbonation.. It was fantastic beer.

madcow75 (426) - Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 16, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 7, 2008 Pours cloudy orange with a thin white, bubbly head. Very good looking brew. Lots of lacing. Very citrus hop aroma, but definitely some malt backing it up. Hops are a little more muted then I would have thought. A little spiciness in there. This is pretty well balanced. Acidic and sticky. Some bitterness in the finish. A well crafted beer. Rerate 2/7/08 Pour is clear amber/copper with a medium off white head. Lively carbonation, lots of bubbles rising. Aroma seems more crisp this time, citrus and pine resin with just a touch of malt. Taste is tame but good, very well balanced, not harsh at all. Good hop presence with citrus and pine and same rasin type fruit in the finish. Better than I remember. A little bit of alcohol burn.

grat (433) - ST. Louis, Missouri, USA - DEC 15, 2005
One of the more interesting DIPAs out there for sure. Excellently sweet. Hops on this one play a role similiar to those in 120 minute only without being pinned down and suffocated out by the screeeching malts. Copper coolness. Piney nose, resinous but not a punch in the face. Artful and full of skill. Excellent beer

GreenDragon (219) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 15, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 10, 2006 Pours with a thick rocky white head on a cloudy deep orange body. Lots of lacing. Strong aroma of citric hops. Intensely bitter taste with a very pleasant aftertaste. Thick alcoholic body.

mjurney (64) - Amarillo, Texas, USA - DEC 15, 2005
Wow!! This 90 Minute Imperial IPA is great!! Pours out amber/golden color with a nice head. Nice fresh cirtus aroma. Very hoppy flavor; Cirtus, herbable, slighty spicy. Nice rich finish. The best IPA I ever had!!

LilKem (1213) - Marietta, Ohio, USA - DEC 11, 2005
Much like the 60 minute but a little more alcohol flavor and less attention to the balanced flavors. Not as much citrus in this one.

tinydancer (52) - Gibsonville, North Carolina, USA - DEC 10, 2005
Appearance reminds me of mahogany thats been brushed with tung oil, golden red. Lasting thin head looks rich and creamy. Lots of bubbles. Aroma is very fresh. I detect grapefruit and fresh hops. Very similar in aroma to the 60 min IPA.. Palate is full bodied and smooth. The flavor is rich. Heavy malt and hops. Slight astringency with a reasonably dry finish. Bitterness is certainly present, but resovles before the next sip. Caramel and citrus come through. This is a wonderful IPA and and excellent beer in general. Maybe one of the finest I’ve tasted as of 12-10-05. I had high expectations of this beer having already enjoyed the 60 minute IPA and this certainly dosen’t disappoint. Excellent. The high alcohol content goes concealed. Man I’ve had less than half a pint and I’ve already been smacked. I could go on and on. I love this beer!

dpointer74 (16) - Lubbock, Texas, USA - DEC 9, 2005
This is a very good IPA. It has an insane amount of hops, but there’s enough barely to prevent it from being overpowering. The weakest attribute is the appearance (the head was a disappointment), but who drinks a fine IPA because it looks good?