overall

RATINGS: 4612   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
dukefan (215) - Dallas, Texas, USA - AUG 11, 2004
As a Imperial IPA fan, I would have to rate this one in my top five. It really shows great signs of sweetness, citrus and bitterness throughout the palate. Impressive.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
SilkTork (5659) - Southampton, United Kingdom, Hampshire, ENGLAND - AUG 10, 2004
Gravity cask at GBBF. Dogfish Head seem to like the GBBF - theyve been here at least two years now with cask ales. This year the intention was to have this 90 Minute served through Randell and then it would be called 91 Minute - but the guys were unable to assemble Randell correctly, so we just had it served straight from the cask. Huge hop bitterness, like chewing hop pellets. Though more fragrance than pellets. And backed with malt sweetness. A hop monster for sure. Surprising soft aroma considering the big flavour. I thought this was good.

NobleSquirrel (3438) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 9, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 23, 2008 What an interesting beer.... First, it poured a radioactive orange color that seemed to glow. Beautifully colored pale orange/yellow head. My first whiff caught me totally off guard. This thing smelled more of chocolate than any beer Ive ever smelled, including the Youngs. Also backed up with some nice aromatic hops. The taste was equally interesting. First, I tasted a huge amount of malt, then the hops shined through. It struck me as similar to the 120 in that it was very oily and sweet, though not as sweet. THere was a definite hop presence, though. Not until it warmed did the hop juice I expected show through.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
firemedic713 (169) - Palm Bay, Florida, USA - AUG 9, 2004
Amber gold body with a medium thick white sustaining head with great lace. Sweet and citrusy hop aroma. Superb aroma. Sweet and citrusy hop flavor well balanced with maltiness. The finish is strongly bitter and hoppy. Best IPA Ive had to date. No overly strong alcohol presence. Great stuff.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Joeh (2049) - Buckinghamshire, ENGLAND - AUG 5, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 19, 2005 Cask-conditioned (Gravity) at the Great British Beer Festival, Kensington Olympia, London. (Thursday Session). Massively herbally hoppy beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Jeppe (2631) - Brooklyn, Alabama, USA - AUG 5, 2004
Pours a clear orange golden body with a foamy off-white head. Heavy bittersweet hoppy aroma with undertones of toffee and caramel. Flavor is very hoppy (!) with a good bitterness specially in the finish. Dry, heavy and flavorfull. Hides the alcohol well but gives you a warm feeling inside.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
melvinatheses (1) - Maryland, USA - AUG 2, 2004 does not count
Not what I was expecting based on the other comments. I didnt care for the aroma or appearance. A little heavy in my mouth, not as much bitter aftertaste as I was expecting with as much hopping that they do. I know its bottle conditioned, but maybe my bottle was a little flat? Recommended and I would drink it again, but not on the top of my list.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
beak43 (3) - Springfield, Ohio, USA - JUL 31, 2004 does not count
Way over rated. I was expecting hop nirvana in a glass and was met with very little anything. No aroma, some hop bitterness and a very slight grapefruit flavor. No balance between malt and hops. Very disappointing, maybe I got a bad bottle but I was not impressed.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
YourDarkLord (1800) - Urbana, Illinois, USA - JUL 27, 2004
Great stuff. Amber with an off-white head. Aroma was grapefruit/hops. Full-bodied, thick, creamy. Flavor was awesome. Citrus/grapefruit. Refreshing and satisfying. Excellent!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
BrockLanders (780) - Panama City, Florida, USA - JUL 24, 2004
This is one fine ale....one of the best Ive ever enjoyed. It pours a nice deep amber color. The aroma is a sweet, floral, citrusy one. The mouthfeel is thicker than I imagined, not as syrupy as the DFH 120, and darn good. The taste is superb. Id be hard pressed to think of a better example of the style. Hop Wallop and Ruination are excellent, but this bad boy kicks it all up a notch. Ill always have some of this on hand...period.