overall

RATINGS: 4252   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

GeniusGirl (221) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 26, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 30, 2004 (tap) WHOA now... HOPTASTIC flavor, warm and smooth... i’m feeling this one... and it feels like a long, sexy massage.

goldtwins (4320) - Nesconset, New York, USA - SEP 26, 2004
Poured a dark amber with small head. Aroma is big and hoppy floral, citrus, and some sweetness. Flavor gets balanced by the malt sweetness but still is very big in the hops in both the bitterness as well as the hop citrus and fruitiness. Medium and smooth body.

jzzbassman (1638) - Arlington, Texas, USA - SEP 24, 2004
Poured a nice amber with a white compact head and nice lacing. Huge hop aroma with floral and citrus and alfalfa notes. The flavor was accentuated by a perfect palate, almost creamy in texture. Hops are most prevailant in the flavor, but the maltiness complimented it well. Outstanding!!

jedwin (1) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - SEP 23, 2004 does not count
I love the flavor of this beer just as i love the flavor of most Dogfish Head’s brews. It has a woody and hoppy flavor with an amber color. The tast of alcohol is present as well. This as well as a large majority of Dogfish Head beers are hard to find in Indiana. Too bad.

Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 20, 2004
Deep amber, dense offwhite head. Aroma of citrusy hops, dried fruit, alcohol. Very woody flavor; toasty, fruity, bitter. None of the ganja notes that I get from the 60 Minute. Medium to full body. Very tasty indeed, but then I’ve been known to chew hop pellets. Sometime soon I need to get my hands on a bottle of the 120 Minute...

bb (9657) - Alamo, California, USA - SEP 20, 2004
Bottle. Rich amber color with a decent off-white head. Big fruity hop aroma. But the taste is malt - a rich caramel flavor with sweet malt, some pine tar bitterness, raisin and prune. Well balanced - not what I typically want in a double IPA. It’s just not as bitter as I thought it’d be. Slight alcohol warming. A double IPA for the non-hop-heads.

jimhilt (2614) - Bow, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 20, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 23, 2005 Good carbonation and head, leaves a good lace. Pours a clear yellow/orange. Fruity hop aroma. Starts as slightly sweet then the hops kick in but it is a really good balance of malt and hops. Clearly an above average IPA nearly as good as a McEwan’s IPA. $2.25 for a 12oz bottle from Northend Superette Manchester, NH.

beerbuzzmontreal (3487) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - SEP 19, 2004
Copper color with a thin white head. Very good aroma of floral hops and caramel. Amazing flavor of floral, spicy hops and carame, the ABV is pretty well hidden. Strong bitter finish. Light to medium body, creamy texture, soft carbonation. This beer is simply amazing.

KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - SEP 18, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 23, 2005 I’m normally not a big fan of IPA, but this one is pretty good-- not spectacular, but it will do. A little steep in the pricing department (over $9 for 4 bottles) and I can’t say it was worth the cost, but I’d rather buy four for that price at a store than spend that much on 1.5 bottles at a bar. I am curious to find out what this one tastes like on tap.

Tweety83 (26) - Blacksburg, Virginia, USA - SEP 18, 2004
Amber colored liquid. Has a strong aroma with a very sweet taste. I did not care for this beer at all.