overall

RATINGS: 4614   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

Superstar (45) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 7, 2003
Hazy orange with ample white head. Citrusy, and floral hop scents abound. Very hoppy flavor, but had some nice malt characteristics to back it up.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
liquidcrack (45) - Ohio, USA - MAR 28, 2005
bottle. clear light orange color. small white head short lived. great hop flavors with complex flavors. great full texture, coats the mouth, full bodied. little notice of high ABV. very impressive IPA. a must to have in stock.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
victory (45) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 27, 2006
One of my favorite beers. Wonderful aroma, warming flavor. Its a beer that just feels good to drink. Must have food on hand because IPAs give me the munchies.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
osmg95 (44) - Ohio, USA - MAY 31, 2004
Im not the biggest hops fan as I prefer to lean toward the sweeter side of malt. Still, The aroma was unreal. A beautiful frothy head that had a very pleasing hoppy aroma. Extreme cloves comes to mind. The initial flavor was a bit overwheling for me (too hoppy) but doesnt linger for too long. The finish is soft and sweet. You certainly can feel the 9% ABV half way through. The strong hops flavor reminds me of the same hoppy flavor s at American micro breweries. As the beer warmed up to 60F, hops flavor mellowed and I really enjoyed this beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
urraca (44) - New Jersey, USA - JUN 29, 2008
Hazy Orange color with a smaller tan head. Instant notes of a floral-hoppy bouquet. Citrus fruity aroma and a sweet grape, hoppy taste. Very drinkable, and the hops actually dont overpower the other flavors. But a nice crisp, hoppy finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
millerclmb (44) - Boulder, Missouri, USA - JUN 21, 2004
Intoxicating aroma...the appearance did not call out "dirnk me" but the aroma drew me like a tantilizing mistress. It seems best to drink it very slowly because the taste is intense and becomes a little syrupy if your dont take your time. It is like drinking a perfectly balanced flower. Not as good as the Hercules for me but one of the best imperial IPAs Ive had.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
jtodd5dot1 (44) - Marina, California, USA - SEP 23, 2010
"Imperial IPAs are probably my favorite specific style of brew, and I would not call myself a hop head by any stretch, but very much liked this beer. The first one of the four pack seemed to have too much hops for my tastes, but the other three where quite good. Not much else I could add to the reviews, but it was very good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
mixer006 (44) - Dublin, IRELAND - FEB 9, 2015
Bottle, classic ipa. Nice hop aroma while having a really nice malty backboned body. Really good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
trail_and_ale (43) - Eden Prairie, Minnesota, USA - APR 18, 2011
An exquisite balance of malts and hops create this top shelf classic which I cannot purchase in MN....and soon-to-be unavailable in WI I now hear! Earthy sensations abound as the hops welcome you to the rest of the beverage, which pours practically purple into my pint glass. The malts and sweetness are a perfect compliment to the hops, and I sensed a tiny hint of raisins and licorice hiding somewhere beneath. A true American treasure.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
TheBeerGod909 (43) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - SEP 21, 2007
Feel the burn? Thats the sickness and the cure. Simply beautiful. Color is a deep mahogany, and the flavor is delightfully complex. Also is 18 proof. Ballin.