overall

RATINGS: 4249   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

jigglyjock (165) - Longmont, Colorado, USA - OCT 8, 2005
This is such a well balanced freekin’ beer. Pours a clear light copper pennie / orange with a generous, mostly deminishing, silky offwhite head. It has a deep aroma of sweet grapefruit piney hops and cookie dough malts. The flavor of this beer is so big. Its in no way overly hoppy which one would intisipate. It has such a well balance of malt and hops. Which include sweet grapefruit, cookie dough, pine, with a bitter alcohol finish. The body is thick making the flavor just linger in your mouth. The best IPA I have ever experiance so far.

sean1981 (3) - palisades park, New Jersey, USA - DEC 4, 2005 does not count
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST BEERS EVER MADE,MANY OF MY FRIENDS AND I HAVE SAMPLED THIS TASTY BEER AMONG MANY OTHER IPA’S. THERE IS NO OTHER BEER AS SMOOTH AS THIS WITH THE AMOUNT OF HOP OFFERED, I RECOMMEND THAT EVERYONE TRY THIS LUCIOUS BEER AT LEAST ONCE IN THERE LIFE. FURTHER MORE DOGFISH HEAD IS BY FAR THE BEST BREWING COMPANY TO COME. SO DRINK DOGFISH AND ENJOY AND MAKE SURE YOU TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW DOGFISH HEAD IS NUMBER ONE.

mjurney (64) - Amarillo, Texas, USA - DEC 15, 2005
Wow!! This 90 Minute Imperial IPA is great!! Pours out amber/golden color with a nice head. Nice fresh cirtus aroma. Very hoppy flavor; Cirtus, herbable, slighty spicy. Nice rich finish. The best IPA I ever had!!

tennisjoel (1465) - Rochester, Minnesota, USA - FEB 5, 2006
Bottle. Purchased in Fort Myers Florida. Made sure to look for this one since you can’t get it in Minnesota where I’m from. This is a truly special beer. Everything just works here. Grapefruit and citrus floral flavor with a nice bite in the finish. But it is extremely smooth for an IPA and not as harsh as some can be. This is not a beer or a style that all enjoy, but for me, it’s heavenly! Superb!

xdream (16) - Madison, Alabama, USA - MAR 24, 2006
The aroma is like that of a Christmas tree. In a snifter the liquid brew reflects the light like a copper ornament ready for that tree I smell. The flavor is an amazing piney taste upfront, followed by a bitterness. The mouth feel is smooth and easy. Overall this is a perfect DPA. I tip my hat to you DFH.

vitriolix (12) - USA - APR 14, 2006
by far my favorite double ipa. i just wish they would distribute in california.

hoptastic (1) - USA - JUN 7, 2006 does not count
Excellent all around best hopped up IPA I’ve ever tried. From the first drink to the last it doesn’t loose a thing.

1000Routers (3) - St. Clair Shores, Michigan, USA - JUN 12, 2006 does not count
From the very first whiff when you open the bottle you can tell that this is a true craft brew. The color is a hint of gold with a nice head. The aromas are Citrus, Hops, Fruit, and Malt. The taste is beyond full body, but not over powering, the hops run the full range from a strong bitter that fades fast to a lingering flowery sent on the back of your tongue The malt makes a showing as well with a full body splash the coats your mouth and slowly fades to a nice sweet ending. As it warms up it presents all new flavor characteristics, even a raisin/apricot flavor make an appearance.

NJDevilz69 (28) - Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey, USA - NOV 19, 2006
Sampled from bottle, as well as on tap at my home. 90 min is a hopheads dream come true. Not quite as balanced as some IPAs out there but I tend to like the over the top bitterness more. Golden amber in color, the aroma is out of this world. Finishes with very little citrus which I like. And after having a few 90’s you experience a euphoria that no other beer has quite touched for me. Perfect Beer

Funknmilla (746) - WAYNE, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 25, 2007
This is one of my favorite brews and it sets an example to all other IPA’s out there...from the bottle or straight from the tap...the distinct and perfect blend of hops malt and the delicate sweetness that pulls it all together makes it an irresistible brew...not to forget the feeling of euphoria that dogfish consistently delivers..Gatorade bottle or any other large plastic bottle is a wonderful way to enjoy the ultimate IPA...my first plastic was a wawa bottle