overall
Serve in Bowl

RATINGS: 1668   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
A refreshing neo-Berliner Weisse fermented with peaches.

Food Pairing recommendations: Grilled chicken or fish, salad.

Glassware recommendation: Pint

Wine comparable: Pinot Grigio

surlysober (41) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 14, 2008
Nth TRIAL: Pours a brilliant straw yellow with almost no head; aroma is slightly of peaches but primarily of a scent that I always associate with deliciously sour; flavor is great lactic sourness with a touch of peach lurking somewhere in the background; the sour finish lingers on the palate as the thin body trickles down the throat, reminding you of how good that was and demanding you take another sip. Overall, I have to admit that I’m a total sucker for Berliner Weisses, and this one is done exceptionally well (in my opinion). I actually wasn’t a giant Dogfish Head fan prior to this, but forever pledge my allegiance to Sam Calagione as long as he continues brewing this beer.

MightyHef (19) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - AUG 8, 2015
Just the right carbonation on this take of a Berliner weisse. Great flavor without being overdone... Perfect for a backyard grilling session

WylanNeckett (1) - USA - JUL 27, 2009 does not count
HOLY CR**! This beer was unbelievable! It’s the sour patch kids of ale! Never had anything like that before.....well at least in regards to beer. Otherwise, I’ve had plenty of Sweet Tarts, Pixie Sticks, and other kinds of candy that make one pucker!

dalelewis1 (1) - Plainfield, Illinois, USA - OCT 7, 2010 does not count
Rock solid beer. I had to try it a couple times to enjoy and appreciate the style but i have since become addicted to this beer. On draught at Finnegan’s Irish Pub. They sold over 14 barrels over this past summer. Huge hit!

santos999 (318) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 24, 2008
Bottled 05/31/07. In the glass it is a sparkling gold with lots of fast moving carbonation and a bubbly white head. In the nose it’s incredibly funky. Moldy cheese, earthy mushrooms, fruitiness, barnyard notes, and a host of other complexities I can’t begin to describe. In the mouth, it’s bubbly and effervescent, with clean, lemony acidity and tart citric undertones. The funkiness is intense!! The peach is all but gone, and I’m glad. Intensely dry and mouth-puckering sour finish. After a year, this has done what I hoped - became more acidic. Another year or two, and I’ll be able to convince you that you’re drinking Gueuze! Funky, funky, funky. I love wild yeast.

Ratpatrol1019 (70) - Palm desert, California, USA - AUG 8, 2015
Wonderful peche slash Berliner don’t know why low score...folks don’t understand the styles and sours etc. very peach aroma and some slight banana. Flavor very tart and sour peaches. Wheat slides through with some light phenol. Peach is great with the tartness.

DKing2706 (16) - - JAN 18, 2015
Mild sour, very refreshing with a slight peach flavor great aroma. A fantastic session style sour. Highly drinkable.

brandonmcmahan (4) - Franklin, North Carolina, USA - OCT 31, 2012 does not count
Again, I wish I knew more about beer, so that I could leave better comments. This is one of my favorite beers of all time. I was really surprised that it didn’t have higher numbers.

Optigon (562) - Bloomington, Indiana, USA - JUN 30, 2007
Pours cloudy yellow with a minor head. Aroma of grass, pear, and peach. Lightly sour flavor with peach, apple, and grassy qualities. Clean finish. Spectacular beer!

lb4lb (2587) - Austin, Texas, USA - SEP 19, 2007
UPDATED: JUL 5, 2014 Bottle sent by DrBayern - I had been wanting to try this for a long time and finally acquired one through trade. Poured this into the closest glass I had to a "bowl" style glass. Looked a hazy yellowish with no head. Kind of Hoegaarden-esque. Smell was very underwhelming with some very faint perhaps peachy smells that I wouldn?t have picked up if I didn?t know what it was, along with an almost skunky yeast smell. Very unique to me as it was also my 1st of the style. Taste was dry very bland peachy flavor up front, followed by a noticeable tartness in the mouth and then a definite wheaty finish to it. Very different, and although drinkable, not the easiest beer to enjoy. Perhaps just the style, but this lacked almost any sweetness at all and as a result almost none of the flavors were brought out very well. Extremely mild and tart. Rerate - Much more flavorful, and the fruitiness shined, and the tartness was very thirst quenching. Really enjoying this style now, and I liked the dry fruity complementing flavor to this style. Would like to have again.