overall

RATINGS: 2465   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.73/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Indian Brown Ale A cross between a Scotch Ale, an I.P.A, and an American Pale, this beer is well hopped and malty at the same time. It is brewed with Aromatic Barley and caramelized brown sugar. - 50 IBU available year round, bottles & draft - Descriptors: Notes of molasses, coffee, ginger, raisinettes, chocolate

thebrood1987 (22) - New Jersey, USA - DEC 22, 2010
This is actually one of my favorite Dogfish Head beers. It has the most perfect hops you can use with a roasted malt flavor. The bitterness of the roasted chocolate like malt with the earthy different hop strains makes this beer fantastic. It also has a creaminess to it which I’m guessing is the Scotch ale quality of it. This is almost as hopped us as the 60 and 90 but just minus that citrus hop which I think wouldn’t make this beer as unique. Amazing beer A plus

burrtastic (2) - - APR 11, 2013 does not count
This is the best beer I’ve ever had, hands down. It’s perfect in every single way, from the aroma to the deep, rich color, to the hint of caramelized sugar on finish. It’s a beer lover’s heaven in a bottle.

winneb (1) - USA - MAY 4, 2013 does not count
My overall favorite in cooler seasons. This beer is tough to beat, by itself or with the right food pairings. The perfect blend of sweet maltiness with a nice hop bite.

WeissGary (290) - Glasgow, SCOTLAND - SEP 8, 2013
Bottle. Second beer from this brewery and again I am not surprised to find it lives up to expectations. Pours a slick black body with a thin brown head, malty & mocha aroma, grainy choco taste upfront developing to a sugary and caramel finish and coffee like taste on the back of the tongue. Very tasty, didn’t know what to expect with this beer but as a brown ale I find it very interesting with its porter/stout feeling to it. This was the second of two bottles of Dogfish Head I could get in the UK, a great beer to finish on! Very grateful to have gotten them, looking forward to try some more when I get stateside!

slayden70 (4) - Lake Dallas, Texas, USA - OCT 1, 2013 does not count
I love this beer. Not over the top with hops like the IPAs. Wonderful caramel/, coffee flavor that finishes without bitterness on the palate.