overall
RATINGS: 2179   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51/5   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Midas Touch Golden Elixir is a beverage based on the residue found on the drinking vessels in King Midas tomb. Our recipe highlights the known ingredients of barley, white Muscat grapes, honey and saffron. Somehwere between a beer, wine and mead, this smooth, dry ale will please with Chardonnay or I.P.A. drinker alike.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
BeerBlockaid (683) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - MAY 25, 2005
Gold-purple pour. Aroma is a malty grape. Sweet. After the pour, the alchohol seemingly danced about. Honey is the dominant feature here with other fruits. Sweet and enjoyable. Very smooth ALchohol warms the aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Radek Kliber (7247) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - MAY 24, 2005
Gold looking ale with rather small head. Aroma is combination of yeast and malt, alcohol is present as well but behind rest which is fine with me. Light white grape character, warming alcohol. Potent beer but pleasant to drink nether less. It is better than it looks on the paper from my description.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Sammy (11642) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 23, 2005
Winey aroma, lace, hoppy plumb white grape content. Alcohol drying that cleas the palate. Meadiness. If I want fruit wine, I will have that. If I want mead, I will obtain that. Apple taste on finish. I guess unique with some dinner. OK, had it. Thanks JoeyC.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Miguel (1181) - Saint-Ours, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 21, 2005
Robe blonde sans mousse. Armes lgers de raisins blancs. Saveurs d,pices. Rondeur de vin blanc. Longue en bouche. Trs intressante.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
OhioDad (2492) - Hilliard, Ohio, USA - MAY 16, 2005
Obtained this in a trade with Jonathan3485. Pours beautiful golden color with a decent white head that dissipates to a film and laces the glass a little on the way down. Aroma is honey and maybe a little apple. Flavor is quite sweet and fruity. You can definitely taste the honey and some grape flavor comes through as well. I can say that this was the most wine-like brew Ive ever had. On the palate it is very full for a beer of its color. I think the cool thing about this beer is that it is golden with this much flavor. Still it wasnt my favorite flavor combination it was a little sweet for my taste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
GonZoBeeR (3061) - ste-catherine, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 15, 2005
Aroma:honey sugar.... Appearance:Gold orange,big head... Flavor:herbs,honeys,alcohol.....

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Palidor19 (3175) - Brandon, Florida, USA - MAY 15, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 19, 2006 WOW, the bees are at work here. Smells and taste of honey. Malts and hops work well together. Strong and tasty

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
jonbarleycorn (2) - Delaware, USA - MAY 14, 2005 does not count
I dont like this beer at all, I brewed some myself and tasted just the same. Way too sweet with the alcohol makes it taste like a really cheap wine. yuck! for me but you may like that kind of thing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
heemer77 (5324) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - MAY 14, 2005
Light gold with no head. The aroma is honey and Golden Delicious apples with some Cabernet wine. The taste is white grapes with some slight nutmeg and apple cobbler. A sweet brew that goes down easy. However, I find the price to be off putting.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Jeppe (2631) - Brooklyn, Alabama, USA - MAY 8, 2005
Pours orange golden and a tall off-white head. Sweet and sour fruit aroma, quite tart with tones of flower and toffee. Tart fruit flavor, notes of citrus and orange. Grass and nutmeg tones also. Biding on the tongue and quite speciel.