overall
RATINGS: 506   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.61/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Tweason’ale is a beer we brewed on the cusp of summer. It is a gluten-free sorghum based beer brewed with fresh strawberries from our friends at Fifer Orchards near Dover, Delaware. For the sorghum, we sourced a dark, sweet, syrup with notes of molasses and pit-fruit. We also used a a dark buckwheat honey with a beautiful hay-like, earthy-malty thing that we felt added the final touch to this Tweason’ale recipe.

Chrisxx25 (82) - - MAY 29, 2012
Smells like strawberry cough syrup, alcohol and a cheap red wine. Appearance is pale hay color with light pink highlights. Definitely a red wine quality here. It is a slightly acetic, vinegar red wine taste. There are strawberries, some smooth honey, and a note of hops in finish. There is also some alcohol present. Honestly this really wasn’t bad. I didnt think I would, but I actually enjoyed it. Tasted more like wine but this was pretty good, especially being gluten free.

Holdwine (1237) - Beertimore, Maryland, USA - MAY 29, 2012
Being a strawberry fan, I came in with a bias. I think this effort works. My first sorghum beer and it was enjoyable. Strong strawbeery flavor, maybe a bit syrupy. Decent malting mixed with the sweeter sorghum did provide a lot of sweetness. Now.. how about rhubarb?

keepersj12 (3137) - Sicklerville, New Jersey, USA - MAY 29, 2012
These gluten free beers should have their own catagory. This is one of the better examples. Pours clear amber with a big short lasting head. The aroma has a bit of strawberry, some sugar and cough syrup. The flavor has the sour berry and something metallic. The finish is thin. For a gluten free, this is good.

burg326 (5608) - Florida, USA - MAY 29, 2012
12 ounce bottle at the Brass Tap, poured a golden clear color, aromas of rice, lots of honey and light strawberries. Flavors are big on honey and strawberries. Decent gluten free, most strawberry flavor I have ever had in a beer.

hayduke (5677) - Eureka, California, USA - MAY 29, 2012
This was in the craft beer selection on a recent cruise up the inside passage to Alaska on the Celebrity Infinity. Poured a clear gold with a small white head. Nose is mostly honey. Medium body, with low carbonation. Flavor is honey and strawberry. Too much honey. Not very enjoyable.

blipp (9696) - La Mesa, California, USA - MAY 28, 2012
Draft. Pours gold with a white head. Light sweet fruity aroma with a hint of tartness. The flavor is fruity and grainy, with an odd tartness. Not bad.

1.1
ghawener (1609) - Santa Tecla, EL SALVADOR - MAY 26, 2012
Bottle: Some test beers should never leave the lab. In a blind taste this would score much lower, I sense a lot of brand-love here. Food Pairing: Strawberry Shortcake.

Cletus (6368) - Connecticut, USA - MAY 23, 2012
Pours copper with an off white head. Smells of rice, some spicy hints. Tastes of earth and tea with a spicy finish.

kkipple (7) - Columbia, South Carolina, USA - MAY 23, 2012 does not count
Y’know... in the much-disparaged world of gluten-free beers, this is really not that bad. Pours a deep clear gold, low head, no lace. Smells quite ’berryish’, sweet strawberry, obviously no malt aroma, but there is something akin to hop aroma here. Flavor is sweet, thin, lots of berries, that odd sorghum sweetness and it’s all pretty well balanced. Finish is seltzer-water honey-berry, a bit dry. I mean, it is sweet and fizzy and pretty beer-like... thin and perhaps difficult to plow through, but if you have gluten intolerance and like strawberries, you’ll want to drink this. I dunno, I rather enjoyed it; it’s a departure.

Naven (1001) - Poway, California, USA - MAY 21, 2012
A friend of mine Suffers from Celiac disease, which is a sure sign that god hates you. So, I have had the [mis]fortune of trying a few gluten free beers recently. In a nutshell, they blow turds. This one ain’t terrible and quite frankly, my friend likens it to hitting the lottery. Seems as though gluten free beers are getting better and better, and while this ain’t great, it’s drinkable.