overall
RATINGS: 523   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.61/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Tweason’ale is a beer we brewed on the cusp of summer. It is a gluten-free sorghum based beer brewed with fresh strawberries from our friends at Fifer Orchards near Dover, Delaware. For the sorghum, we sourced a dark, sweet, syrup with notes of molasses and pit-fruit. We also used a a dark buckwheat honey with a beautiful hay-like, earthy-malty thing that we felt added the final touch to this Tweason’ale recipe.

rachelastete (5) - Coronado, California, USA - JUN 22, 2012 does not count
This beer is amazing. I’m a wine lover and a beer lover, so this works well for me. I was skeptical at first sight, but the flavor is very unusual and satisfying. I like how it goes down clean, unlike the usual bitter linger that my favorite ales leave. It’s tart and sweet but not too sour. It doesn’t look like a beer, but I don’t judge by appearance. As long as it wasn’t murky and coagulated-looking. I gave a 9 on the taste, only because I was anticipating a little more of a honey or strawberry flavor than there was, but overall this is great and I will purchase it again!

Kross41 (4) - Maryland, USA - NOV 28, 2012 does not count
Aroma: strawberries and honey, enough said Taste: fruity and sweet but with a hint of island lager Overall: the spiciness is hits you a little after the sweet and light beer taste

Laramik (9) - Crystal Lake, Illinois, USA - NOV 19, 2013 does not count
I can’t believe the low ratings. This isn’t meant to be a super hop blasting brew it’s outstanding. Refreshing and just great. Sweet but not sugary. Fruity yet great beer. Love it.

jakenburg (3) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - FEB 7, 2012 does not count
This was an excellent beer, not just by gluten-free standards. My fiance has a gluten allergy but I don’t, so I’ve tried quite a few gluten free beers with mixed results.I’m not normally a fan of fruit beers, but the strawberry was understated and the beer’s other elements more than kept up with it. It’s light and refreshing, with a hoppy finish. Tweason’ale proves that gluten-free can be done right. Now if the guys at Dogfish Head would just make a gluten-free IPA....

julesjis (256) - Oregon, USA - AUG 29, 2014
Bought at Uptown Market. Great summer beer! Yes, it is light, fruity, maybe a little gimmicky. Let’s face it, when it is really hot outside you can drink a s-load of Coors Light or something like this that actually tastes good! Nice strawberry flavor, light in the mouth and easy going down! A sure win for a hot day.

DrNosha (2277) - Württemberg, Germany, GERMANY - MAY 1, 2017
12oz Flasche. Dunkelgelbes Bier, heller Schaum. Irrer Duft. Weisserin, Erdbeeren, leicht vergoren. Dazu ein Duft den ich ich nicht zuordnen kann. Ist es die Hirse? Champagner Antrunk. Vergorene Erdbeeren. Sau lecker!

echoey13 (4) - - APR 6, 2012 does not count
Probably the best GF beer out there (as of April 2012). My preferred buy at the moment. The buckwheat flavor is a needed addition to any sorghum based beer. While I don’t tend to enjoy fruit flavors in beer, the strawberry struck the right balance and was easy to identify but not overpowering.

GuillaumeCL (344) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 22, 2013
Pours copper with a moderate amount of white head and some visible carbonation. Smell is caramel, biscuit, trees, and citrus. Palate is medium bodied with good carbonation. Taste is VERY interesting, sweet and fruity, then somewhat bitter but still maintaining some fruitiness which all rounds out together in the aftertaste. Quite excellent.

rader (4) - Ostfildern, Baden-Württemberg, GERMANY - MAY 1, 2017 does not count
Schöne Erdbeernoten im Geruch, die sich dezent im Geschmack fortsetzen mit leichter Zitronennote.

Chalsk (1104) - North Caldwell, New Jersey, USA - JUL 11, 2011
On tap at the Rehoboth Brewpub. I thought this was an excellent brew. Pours a cloudy golden peach amber color with a white foam head. Aroma of berry, grapefruit, and some hints of earthiness. Has a nice sweet hoppy taste with the sours of the strawberry coming through on the backend. Not overly sweet. Well balanced and refreshing.