overall
RATINGS: 523   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.61/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Tweason’ale is a beer we brewed on the cusp of summer. It is a gluten-free sorghum based beer brewed with fresh strawberries from our friends at Fifer Orchards near Dover, Delaware. For the sorghum, we sourced a dark, sweet, syrup with notes of molasses and pit-fruit. We also used a a dark buckwheat honey with a beautiful hay-like, earthy-malty thing that we felt added the final touch to this Tweason’ale recipe.

docsteigs' rating

docsteigs (542) - Texas, USA - AUG 9, 2012
Wanted to try this gluten-free offering from DFH. Not very pleasant for the beer drinker who can drink beer without worrying about gluten. Cidery with sweet aftertaste and strawberry/honey flavors not too perceptable.

decaturstevo (6240) - decatur, Tennessee, USA - MAY 16, 2017
Orange pour. Aroma is vanilla that may be honey and berries. Flavor is flat berries and vanilla. Medium bodied and fizzy. Not fresh berries to me. Not so special for me either.

DrNosha (2277) - Württemberg, Germany, GERMANY - MAY 1, 2017
12oz Flasche. Dunkelgelbes Bier, heller Schaum. Irrer Duft. Weisserin, Erdbeeren, leicht vergoren. Dazu ein Duft den ich ich nicht zuordnen kann. Ist es die Hirse? Champagner Antrunk. Vergorene Erdbeeren. Sau lecker!

rader (4) - Ostfildern, Baden-Württemberg, GERMANY - MAY 1, 2017 does not count
Schöne Erdbeernoten im Geruch, die sich dezent im Geschmack fortsetzen mit leichter Zitronennote.

shadey (2125) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - OCT 30, 2016
12oz bottle.Pours a glowing bright orange with minimal head of only tiny bubbles. Aroma is fruit and honey sweet. Flavors come together nicely, but a bit sweet for the fall season. I was hoping for a bit more bite or bitterness to even things out. Still yummy.

llkc (2323) - århus, DENMARK - MAY 29, 2016
duft: frisk frugtig rød duft æble sur smag: jordbær tør lidt brett lidt citrus syrlig frisk øble

polo_marco (332) - milton, Vermont, USA - MAY 18, 2016
Smells of fresh strawberries with a touch of malts. Nice Orange color with hues of red. Flavors of syrup and a bit winey, the flavor falls flat and gives you syrup tougue. Not sure the body light but syrupy weird carbonation. This is not my cup of tea. Like dogfish head just this does not apply to me gluten free.

1.4
ffbot (417) - Oakland, California, USA - MAY 5, 2016
Smell is intense honey and strawberries, a ton of syrup presence, and not my fave. Pour is a still deep orange with semi clarity and a tiny ring of white. taste is oddly sickening honey and strawberry, very slimy or sticky aftertaste. Ugh....

oldrtybastrd (5002) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - APR 8, 2016
Pours a light amber color. Aromas of caramel, a hint of nut, and some light fruit. Flavor is a sweet roasted taste, I think it could use some more hops. Finishes a bit sweet.

rondphoto (4383) - Lakeside Park, Kentucky, USA - APR 3, 2016
bottle @ Jungle Jims / Cincinnati OH --- Odd aroma of malt and strawberries that are turning bad. Clear dark amber color, white head that drops to a full cover, lace that slides back in. Taste is strawberry that moves without incident through the swallow to a finish that is mostly fruit centered. Both malt and hops are hard to discern. All works okay, I suppose, but it doesn’t seem enough like a beer to receive more than a cursory glance.

DavoleBomb (1867) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 23, 2016
Poured into a perfect pint. 2.5 A: Clear light orange color. Fizzy white head falls as soon as it forms. 3.25 S: Smells more like a wine cooler than a beer. Strawberry and honey take me back to highschool sneaking whatever girly drinks we could find in our friends’ parents’ basements. It doesn’t smell bad though. Indeed, it smells pretty nice. The problem is that it’s in the same way that body lotion smells good. 3.0 T: The strawberry and honey also dominate the taste. This is a good thing considering how wretched most sorghum beers are. I don’t really know what sorghum is supposed to taste like, but from other sorghum beers I’ve had, I can only conclude that it’s garbage steeped in corn water. That said, this doesn’t taste much like a beer. It tastes like strawberry honey water and like I already mentioned, that makes this a good sorghum beer. 2.5 M: Mouthfeel is really weak. It’s a light watery body with moderate carbonation. Not much else to say. 2.75 D: Bad beer, but excellent sorghum beer. If you are a Celiac sufferer, this beer is for you. If you think gluten is the devil, stop being such a douchebag and drink a real beer. ★ 1,172 characters DavoleBomb, Sep 27, 2015