overall

RATINGS: 2237   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.09/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 540   ABV: 18%
This listing encompasses: A) the November, 2001 release (18% abv), B) the November, 2003 U.S. (but not U.K.) release (18.8% abv), C) the November, 2004 release (18% abv), and D) the November 2005 release (17.8% abv) and E) all subsequent releases due both to their similarity in alcohol content and a lack of change in recipe. None of the releases’ labels provides its ABV, however:
2001 - (18%) displays the unaltered words "Vim and Vigor" on the label, gold cap
"Vim and Vigor" is crossed out only on the 2002 release (23%), which is not rated under this listing
2003 - U.S. release (18.8%). No "Vim and Vigor" present, gold cap.
2004 - Bright yellow cap, no date stamp
2005 - Bright yellow cap, date stamp
2006 - Dark green cap, date stamp
2007 - Dark green cap, date stamp
2008 - Yellowish-green cap, date stamp
World Wide Stout is one of the world’s strongest dark beers. It is brewed using six different yeast strains over seven months and then aged for half a year. Dark, rich, roasty, and complex, World Wide Stout has more in common with a fine port than a can of cheap, mass-marketed beer (released in early winter with very limited availability).

maltydog (14) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - AUG 30, 2001
A perfect, world class beer. Hard to believe just how strong this is. Many different flavors appear with each sip.

lmdolgoff (5) - Winchester, California, USA - MAY 14, 2002 does not count
One great beer. Take your time drinking this, it’s to good to rush though.

Davhgbrew (948) - Seattle, Washington, USA - MAY 15, 2002
OH YEAH!! I have been waiting 6 months for this brew, and the wait was absolutely well worth it! Aroma of chocolate, roasted coffee, and slight alcohol. Absolutely pitch black, with a creamy brown head. The palate is thick and creamy and extremely complex. The 18%abv is hardly noticable. Finishes long and indescribable. I thought I had found my perfect beer with Rochefort 10, but move over because this beer KICKS ASS!!!

BacchusOHSU99 (4) - USA - JUL 23, 2002 does not count
Very smooth for a beer of this size. Definately worth a try for the stout lover.

areitz (5) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 25, 2002 does not count
Wow!! Best beer I’ve had in a long time. I will always be a Guiness lover but this beer beats them all.

ravidesai (978) - Bombay, INDIA - AUG 14, 2002
the pinnacle of all stouts. deep, rich, smooth and complex

slinkymello (137) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - SEP 24, 2002
holy god... it is dark, it is roasty, and god it’s complex; hints of molassess chocolate, roasted coffee beans... the maltiness is unreal... god, this is just about the best thing I’ve ever had. kind of glides down the throat... i could go on for days. the finish is unbelievable as well... i can still taste the maple nut, chocolate molassess like goodness of this beer. I recommend this to anyone who doesn’t mind shelling out 8 bucks a bottle. just unreal

dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - OCT 1, 2002
Beautiful deep black and oily appearance.This thing looks thick and I havn’t even tasted it yet(I can’t wait),Small tan head,which isn’t lasting long, which doesn’ty surprise me at 18%.Aroma, of port wine,fruit,chocolate,roasted malts.Extremely lightly carbonated,visually and from mouthfeel.Extremely warming alcoholic mouthfeel from start to finish and it lingers.It’s hard for me to describe the flavor I’m very overwhelmed right now, it’s like they’ve combined a barley wine and Russian Imperial and then added about 10% more ABV.I almost feel like I’m not ready for this type of beer,maybe I need more training.

Racegoer (354) - Indiana, Indiana, USA - NOV 15, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 22, 2003 Deep, Dark. not a light shown thru, I drove a hundred miles for 4 of them.Rich, malty, thick,flavours of coffee, alcohol,and extremely complex, and a pure pleasure, 18%ABV is quite hidden, so good I had to light a Punch Punch Cuban cigar,exceptional, spectacular, nothing less than the best,a cost of $8 a 12 oz. bottle and worth much more than that.True Winner here, Absolutely Recommended, search and destroy !!!! Let us all Hail the KING of Stouts, finally my first perfect score of 5</> .

blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUL 30, 2003
dark,thick, choclatly... beautiful. Thick black motor oil pour with a dark brown head. Aroma has coffee and malt. The taste.... well the tast is perfect. It sits on the tip of my tongue for min... and gets better and better. The flavor beats you upside the head ... i fail to find any faults with this beer... i almost ripped the rest of the bottle out of my friends hand.... perfection