RATINGS: 276   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.17/5   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Dominion Lager is brewed using four types of malted barley: Two-Row Pale Brewer’s malt, Munich, Carapils, and Caramel. The bittering hops are Perle and Hallertau from the Yakima Valley in Washington State. The aromatic hops are domestic Tettnang, German Hallertau Hersbrucker, and Czech Saaz. This combination of malt and hops, along with a classic lager yeast from Germany, and the long, low-temperature lagering process results in a mild, smooth, flavorful, complex beer that is a delight to drink.

Beer Lover (23) - Washington DC, USA - MAY 9, 2001
Truly exceptional domestic example of Export. This beer just blows me away. It is so balanced, malty, and clean. Everything a good lager should be. Beautiful, bright, golden color with a moderate carbonation, and a firm white head. Really great balance of malt and hop aromas in the nose. This beer has a crisp, smooth, and clean malt palate. Dominion Lager finishes with some more great balanced malt and hop flavors. This beer as an Export is perfect. One of the best beers on the market today, from one of America's best breweries.

TheBeerLover (1027) - DC Metro Area, USA - JAN 28, 2006
Dominion Lager is my staple beer. As a beer lover, I always love to try a number of different beer styles, and often drink a number of different beer styles when enjoying beer. Dominion Lager is the beer I drink when I just don’t want to switch up. I drink more of Dominion Lager than any other beer. This is my drinking beer, a beer I just can’t get enough of. Dominion Lager is a German Export(Dortmunder) by style, and it is a fantastic example. This beer would be at home in Germany, and having been to Germany, and tasted beer all over that fine land, I know this to be true. Dominion Lager pours to a deep, bright, pale golden color, with a good white head, and a lively carbonation. The nose on this beer is a joy. Really deep malt aromas are balanced with just the right amount of grassy hop aromatics. Dominion hops this beer with Tettnang, Hallertau, Perle, and Saaz hops. The palate is a crisp and malty. Dominion uses the decoction method in brewing this beer, and it really brings out a wonderful depth of malt flavors. And there is great malt flavor in this beer, Munich, carapils, caramel, and pale malts are used. This beer is a very smooth, clean, lager, fermented with a yeast strain from Germany. This beer finishes with incredible balance, more malt up front, and just the right amount of grassy hop bitterness. I am always floored by this beer. This beer as an Export is perfect. It has to be one of the best, if not, the best domestic examples of the style I have ever tasted. At 5.4% abv, it is a great drinking beer, one my beer fridge is alway stocked with. One I always enjoy on draught, fresh and cold. This is just an outstanding lager, so drinkable, a great beer to have, if you want more than one. Dominion Lager is a natural with German fare.

TheHolyMan99 (3) - USA - JUL 10, 2002 does not count
My second favorite beer on the planet. Very smooth and full bodied. Very drinkable for any occasion.

shadowweaver (5) - USA - DEC 7, 2007 does not count
Had this when vacationing in Shenandoah Nat’l Park. Probably the best lager I’ve ever encountered. Deep golden coloring, little head, pungent aroma and extremely smooth and refreshing. Unlike similar lagers, Dominion did not cloud my head nor give me a stinging headache in the middle of the night. I actually purchased 11 cases and brought them back to the city. Everyone who has had one agrees that it is superior to anything locally available. With little luck I will convince the local distributor to order this gem.

urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - SEP 30, 2002
Oh, yes. This is a great Dortumunder/Export. Subtle, balanced complexity in flavor and aroma. Compare this one to Victory All-Malt Lager. This one has a touch more hop bitterness. One of my favorites and a great pick for those who appreciate a light lager.

Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - OCT 23, 2002
Rerate: Wow. Had a giant 4 way helles-off today and this and the Wolnzacher were the big winners. Major points for full malt, real tart yet still smooth, with loads of hallertau. Delicious! Original 1/08/02: Very impressive mouthfeel, and the head was as picture perfect as you can imagine. Light aroma, as one might expect. Tasted wonderful.

CrumpyC99 (15) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - OCT 8, 2001
This is all I ever wanted in a Lager. For an everyday beer, it's my favorite. Reasonably priced and not too filling. I love it.

lagerman99 (66) - USA - JAN 8, 2002
If I lived in Virginia, this would be my everyday beer. You guys are lucky who live near enough to enjoy the strong clean flavor, beautifully accented, of this brew.

SirHopsAlot (44) - Cockeysville, Maryland, USA - JUL 2, 2002
I have always enjoyed this beer. It has a wonderful balance of malt and hop. It is the perfect beer to convince friends to try a craft brew.

DOdubble (92) - UVA, Virginia, USA - JAN 14, 2003
Smooth and refreshing, yet still lots of flavor. Almost a sweet caramel taste to it. Makes me proud to be from Virginia.