overall
Brewed by FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Amber Lager/Vienna
Monterrey/Orizaba, Mexico

RATINGS: 1789   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.45/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Dos Equis Amber is a rich, full-bodied Mexican import with a reddish-gold color and is made from the finest ingredients, representing the brand’s traditional Mexican heritage. The history of Dos Equis Amber is traced to the development of the popular Oktoberfest-style of Vienna lager originally created during the mid-19th century.

jcalbi (380) - Medford, New Jersey, USA - MAY 28, 2002
Rather watery looking sewer brown color. Devoid of any discernable aromas. Slight bitter taste but rather unimaginative on the whole. The label refers to this beer as a Vienna Style Lager, uhhh, yeah right. Not awful, just quite forgettable.

Scooby (50) - Maryland, USA - MAY 24, 2002

DEbeer (192) - West Virginia, USA - MAY 23, 2002
Just didn’t do it for me. I got a stomach ache as soon as I took the first drink. I am not about it at all.

rodzilla99 (21) - Spring, Texas, USA - MAY 23, 2002
Ok dark beer, nor a lot of taste or punch, but tolerable.

IslandHaole (1261) - Misawa, JAPAN - MAY 23, 2002
Nice color, a light hoppy aroma. But like the spice girls, looks nice but not much else.Tried 3 Mexican beers tonight, none were very impressive.

brownalegirl (199) - Fountain, Michigan, USA - MAY 22, 2002
This is an American Standard? I know it’s not exceptional, but guys, the Dos Equis Amber I’ve tried is definitely not in the same catefory as Bud or MGD. Pleasant, nutty, good for drinking with Mexican food.

austinpowers (2828) - New York, New York, USA - MAY 20, 2002
You gotta give the dos equis folks for at least trying to put some malt in this one. It’s semi-flavorful and has some hops in there. Grab a Negra Modelo instead and you’ll be happier.

1.4
achtungpv (259) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAY 19, 2002
The last time I had this was with my first Cuban cigars a friend smuggled back from a scuba diving trip to Honduras. Half through the pitcher and the 1st stogie, I started sweating bullets, got the chills, and began hallucinating. Either the cigars were laced with crack or the beer was rather foul. I shall blame the lame beer.

qwikstreet (43) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 18, 2002
Something with a numbing taste for that spicy food.

argo0 (14127) - Washington DC, USA - MAY 17, 2002
At Mexican restaurants, I used to drink this until I discovered Negra Modelo. Bland but tolerable.