overall
Brewed by FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Monterrey/Orizaba, Mexico

RATINGS: 1487   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.08/5   IBU: 10   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
A crisp, refreshing, light-bodied malt-flavored beer with a well-balanced finish. A Lager that drinks like a Pilsner. A liquid embodiment of living life to the fullest. A beverage made from pure spring water and the choicest hops. A beer with such good taste, it’s chosen you to drink it.

Arturo (8) - MEXICO - AUG 7, 2004 does not count
Well, i dont think its a bad beer. When you got no choice, this is your best.

shrubber85 (11618) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - AUG 7, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 14, 2006 Bottle - nice middle of the road lager. Sour malt aroma. Golden yellow color with small head. Clean light barley malt flavor with slight hops finish. I can’t understand why Corona is more popular than this - a decent pale lager.

Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 5, 2004
Este cerveza es mierda...definately cleaner than Corona...but I guess that really isn’t saying a lot...

Maximus55 (40) - California, USA - AUG 3, 2004
I like this one better then the amber lager, its special yees, so crack one open and enjoy it why donchya?

1.3
jasonp (1581) - Ashburn, Virginia, USA - JUL 30, 2004
I had the misfortune this being the ONLY beer to drink at an all-inclusive resort when I went to Mexico. Needless to say, I never drank more Kahlua and Xtabentun liquor in my life instead of this. Pours a pissy yellow. Taste is of corn and rice. Tastes like light beer-flavored water. The can version has a hint of butteryness (diacetyl?)

Ungstrup (38384) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - JUL 18, 2004
A golden beer with no head. It has next to no aroma and the flavor is boring sweet malty.

0.9
crazyvin (2026) - New York, USA - JUL 15, 2004
very light almost too light. was mostly malts no hops to this beer. Not to suprising from a pale lager. had a sknky aroma but wasn’t oo offenseive

1.3
bbrock81 (317) - Le Mars, Iowa, USA - JUL 13, 2004
Not a good beer. Perhaps better than Corona, but not by much. Skunky, little taste, thin and watery. Once it warms past ice cold this stuff tastes absolutely terrible! I’ve yet to have a good Mexican beer. I am beginning to lose hope...

oldmonk420 (26) - New York, USA - JUL 6, 2004
If I’m gonna drink a Mexican brew with my foood. This brand has to be it. DOS EQUIS!! A whole lot better than a Corona!! Much smoother, much tastier, much crisper, much more refreshing, much more furfilling than a Corona. Best served cold and fresh from distributors.

dp (608) - uniontown, Ohio, USA - JUL 4, 2004
After initial whiff of skunk not bad once used to flavor. Made a real hot night bearable until the taste finally made me switch for a less skunky overall beer.