overall
RATINGS: 2546   WEIGHTED AVG: 4/5   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
This is a lacerative muther of a beer. The evil big brother of Arrogant Bastard Ale. It is strongly suggested you stay far, far away from this beer. Those foolish enough to venture close enough to taste will experience a punishingly unforgiving assault on the palate. ’Course there’s always the masochists...
Note: 2007 - 10%, 2008 & 2009 - 10.5%, 2010 - 11.2%, 2011 - 10.5%, 2012 - 11.2%, 2016 - 11%.

Jt77fb (1) - Vienna, Virginia, USA - FEB 9, 2005 does not count
I mean as always its a tastey beer, but I thought it wasn’t hoppy enough. Not as aggressive of an ale that I was used to from you guys. I still drank plenty so keep up the good work. Jimmy Vienna, Va

JoeMcPhee (9549) - Toronto, ON, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 5, 2005
2004 release. Bright red-brown colour with a thick light brown head. Very sweet malty aroma, bready, cookie dough, biscuit malt with a spicy hop aroma. Flavour is malty and sweet up front, cookie dough, caramel and a light spicy hop flavour before a huge bitterness explodes across the palate. As it wams, there is a strange chemical aroma/flavour that comes across. Pretty good, but way overrated in my opinion.

hellomynameis (877) - Mayer, Minnesota, USA - FEB 5, 2005
Awesome fruity and citrus aroma. Nice sweet taste that finishes in a great hop bitterness. Not for the every day beer drinker, but is something I wouldn’t mind gettign more of.

BassMonkey83 (16) - USA - FEB 3, 2005
This one is unbelievable. Incredibly hopped, with wonderful citrus, candy,fruit, bread/toast and pine notes. Flavors are much similar with a glorious bitter bite on the finish. While the alcohol content is high, I found it incredibly balanced and less noticeable than in the Stone IPA. The Bastard and the IPA are my first experiences with Stone and I’m now a convert and disciple. I for one welcome my new beer overlord.

Cashazza (217) - Morganville, Maryland, USA - FEB 2, 2005
Ya’ll can’t f*** with my bastard of a 200th rating... Can I hear a Who’s Your Daddy??? I have to say that I’m in love with the Bastard family -- and this one doubly so. Reddish brown appearance, and very much like a barley wine...god love it. Such a strong brew -- powerful malty flavor, balanced with Stone’s generous hops. Also present is caramel, molasses, brandy, dark fruits, and alcohol...This is why I love America! Hell yes, Greg! LONG LIVE STONE!!!

gerbache (8) - Oakland, California, USA - JAN 30, 2005 does not count
This one hits hard! From the first smell, the alcohol is pretty noticeable, but once I started drinking, it really seemed well balanced. Almost strikes me as more of a brandy than beer, but still this one is very satisfying. Just be careful with how much you drink; 22 ounces of this stuff is a lot!

jercraigs (10858) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 29, 2005
2004 Release, Rated Jan 2005. Ruby body, with a big fluffy off white head. Aroma is similarly hoppy to the Arrogant Bastard, bit maltier. Massive hoppy bitterness barges across the tongue, pulling a rough malty alcoholic fury behind it. Surprisingly balanced with the alcohol and malt providing a backbone for the overreaching hop assault nicely. Medium to full bodied, surprisingly smooth. Please sir, can I have some more?

elektrogeist (158) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JAN 29, 2005
Double the bastard double the fun, they just got this in at Lee’s for the year along with the 8th anniversary. Careful how much you drink though, after sharing half a bottle between me and my friend we were definitely feeling the burn. Great stuff!

jesse (1) - USA - JAN 27, 2005 does not count
Been out of beer circles for a while till my brother showed up with this intense elixer! OMFG - PWNED - This is so intense I love it. I cant ddescribe it like some of the great reviewers here bUT I REALLY LOVE IT AND I GUESS THAT what matters. -jesse

Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - JAN 27, 2005
2004: Poured ruby amber brown with a nice tan head...smell is hops; resin...taste is up front a little sweet and fruity...definate dark fruits; cherries, plums, prunes...then more hops...the mouth turns bitter and the bitterness grows quickly followed by the sweet burn of alcohol...while good and complex, this is over-rated...we rate extreme qualities highly but I feel they need to atleast blend or balance somehow...kinda like a pile of salt, sugar, black pepper, cayenne, and MSG all in a row...and put a little on each finger...they just don’t segue into each other...