overall
RATINGS: 2627   WEIGHTED AVG: 4/5   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
This is a lacerative muther of a beer. The evil big brother of Arrogant Bastard Ale. It is strongly suggested you stay far, far away from this beer. Those foolish enough to venture close enough to taste will experience a punishingly unforgiving assault on the palate. ’Course there’s always the masochists...
Note: 2007 - 10%, 2008 & 2009 - 10.5%, 2010 - 11.2%, 2011 - 10.5%, 2012 - 11.2%, 2016 - 11%.

davidCC (130) - New York, USA - DEC 21, 2004
Ok I for one think that this beer is not good at all. It tastes like Molson Triple X which tases of cabage water. Anyway you really have to like strong ale’s to like this beer, so don’t go spend a dime unless your sure. Good aroma was its one saving quality.

goldtwins (4320) - Nesconset, New York, USA - DEC 20, 2004
2004 Poured a dark reddish brown with a light tan head. Aroma of citrus and floral hop and sweet malt. Flavor starts sweet and malty and quickly turns to grapefruit and citurs hops and a big bitter hop finish. Big body thick, chewy, sticky, and viscous.

BuckNaked (1230) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - DEC 20, 2004
22oz Bottle 2004: Ruby brown color with a medium tan head. Medium bodied, syrupy, perfect carbontion. Aroma: grapefruit, floral notes, very hoppy, with some caramel and sweet malt. Taste: this could pretty much be a barleywine. Very hoppy, grapefruit, flowers, earth, grass, citrus, fruits, berries, but what makes this beer good is the solid malt behind those hops - sweet toasted grains, caramel, a hint of chocolate. Finishes sticky, bitter, syrupy, with notes of tea, hops and alcohol.

HopasaurusRex (195) - Glen Ellyn, Illinois, USA - DEC 20, 2004
04’ vintage-Such an interesting beer. I used to think it was an Imperial IPA, but it really is an American Strong or Stock ale, so its correctly identified here. I’d actually like more hop character to come through, but that’s just me. A very nice malt profile and very well integrated with enough hop bitterness to back it up. I hope I’m worthy enough to enjoy it.

willblake (2654) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - DEC 19, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 25, 2006 12.19.04 Bomber thanks to, um, ah, er, ahhhhh...I forget who sent me this sweetheart, but I thank you. Ruby red and brown pour with full and lasting head. Aromas fill the air of fruitcake, grapefruit, gasoline, and cat piss. Big malt front on this brew, typical Stone, then massive grapefruit pith bitterness. If I had blind tasted this brew I might be shocked by the flavors, but it’s not -- it says Stone right on the label and I see the gargoyles and all and there’s some nonsense written on the back of the bottle insulting me and daring me to taste this concoction. Damn, I would truly enjoy living somewhere that I could get these everyday. Anyway, palate is outstanding, syrupy smooth with gum tingling hops. The stuf gets better with each sip.

updateNow Stone is sending this elixir to NJ and I can only say that I was right, its presence has added to my overall enjoyment of life. Massive, sticky, numbing, and necessary. Thanks Stone.

BennyTicklez (621) - USA - DEC 17, 2004
pours burgundy/brownish with a small white head. Big hop aroma. Is this a barleywine? Huge warming sensation after just one sip. Way bitter all the way through. Over the top from start to finish. A good one for sure.

VAYankee (353) - Virginia, USA - DEC 17, 2004
Clear, dark reddish brown body with a thick cream colored head. Aroma is strongly hoppy and fruity with an underlying malt sweetness. Starts fruity, on a modest malt backbone, alcoholic and slightly harsh; finishes dry, alcoholic, and lightly bitter.

pobenohne (504) - Northern Liberties, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 14, 2004
Big bottle. Juicy, hoppy, boozy DIPA aroma. Pours a clear chestnut-cherry liquid, foamy head, lots of lace. In-your-face american flavors: malt-hops-booze. Definite relative of Arrogant bastard, just a bit boozier.

daniela (9) - Berkeley, California, USA - DEC 13, 2004 does not count
thick, dank, sweet, bitter, velvety, rude. reminds me of a barleywine - it’s warm going down. grapefruit aromas, intense malt and hop flavors - all balanced, but still ridiculous and self-indulgent.

sdcourtney (60) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - DEC 12, 2004
2004 Release. Nice fruity aroma, different from the usual dark fruit - more of a subtle peach or grape. Reddish ruby-brown with small bubbles and nice creamy head. Intense malt flavor balanced with lots of hop bitterness. A character that is ’round’, - malt wraps around the bitterness, which stays around in the back of your mouth until it slowly fades away. Nice creamy body that is moderate to full, more ’roundness’ abounds. Alcohol is evident bit well hidden by the malt intensity. Unique blend of fruity, malty, bitterness - this beer will kick your a$$ - and you WILL like the kickin’...