overall
RATINGS: 2613   WEIGHTED AVG: 4/5   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
This is a lacerative muther of a beer. The evil big brother of Arrogant Bastard Ale. It is strongly suggested you stay far, far away from this beer. Those foolish enough to venture close enough to taste will experience a punishingly unforgiving assault on the palate. Course theres always the masochists...
Note: 2007 - 10%, 2008 & 2009 - 10.5%, 2010 - 11.2%, 2011 - 10.5%, 2012 - 11.2%, 2016 - 11%.

coolshmo (18) - Rancho Cordova, California, USA - DEC 8, 2005
very bold and mellow flavor with bits of alcohol. tried a few, liked it, went back and bought 3 cases. GREAT beer. too bad it only comes out once a year.

GreatLibations (1854) - Last Supper, Arizona, USA - FEB 8, 2006
UPDATED: APR 9, 2006 Ah, let me clear my sinuses. Wew, just took my first sip. Did someone crank up the stereo ? I hear Judas Priest, Rob Holford and the guys whailing and I got front row seats. A brutal assult on my olfactory sensors. The Bordeaux of all brews, The Bully, The Dragon, The, The......all names that front themselves in my mind when confronted with such a massive, explosive combination of malts-hops-yeast-and water. Big, bold, earthy, citrus, chewy, off dry, very complex. The finish, who said finish, its been three months since my last sip and i can still taste it. No finish here. the flavor has to die to have a finish. It just keeps going, more like the Terminator. Alcohol is well hidden. I saved a bottle and will open winter 2006 to see how bottle age effects this gargantuous ale. Thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommended to those willing to try. ****REVISION 4-8-06**** this just in. I opened that bottle. Couldnt wait til winter. So its been six month in my closet and its much more mellow. Drank it ice cold and the caramel character was front row. Kind of barely wine-ish at this point. The hops are still kicking though. Prolly go a while longer. Still fantastic.

Quevillon (3024) - Boisbriand, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 4, 2006
Post-mondial Tasting (3 litres). Rousse dlissieuse, trs beau collet. Arome super de fruit sucr cuite. Got rchaufant prsque parfait.

Wretchedhalo (11) - USA - AUG 3, 2006
Scary beer.. grapefruit flavor lingers and very carbonated. i got the half gallon bottle for $70.00 with the chain and lock on it

Zimmo (57) - Siloam Springs, Arkansas, USA - NOV 11, 2006
22 oz from mail order. Description on bottle had me hesitant, but first taste blew me away. Hops aroma is very strong as is hops taste, but in a very pleasing way. Poured amber/copper with virtually no head. Strong aftertaste, but again, if the taste is good, the aftertaste is as well. This is the best beer I have ever tasted and will be the benchmark I use for future beers.

SmellGood (339) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - NOV 25, 2006
Another Hall Of Famer from Stone. I am a masochist and damn proud of my roots. Stone, press on!

smaeller (2) - Galt, California, USA - JAN 4, 2007 does not count
Over-hopped? I dont understand what that means. This ale rocks! Its rich color, flavor and texture are a great compliment to the wonderful hops used to create it. Anyone who thinks its over-hopped is not worthy to drink it and should stick with fizzy yellow beers. If this beer were available all year I would drink it every day.

Wildo67 (27) - USA - JAN 7, 2007
Simply put this is the perfect beer!!!!!!!

Jvittorio4187 (255) - Boardman, Ohio, USA - FEB 24, 2007
Off the charts!!!! Strong alcohol, balanced. Had the 2006 realease in a 22oz bomber.

daviddm (6) - Alabama, USA - APR 12, 2007 does not count
Wonderful hop bitterness with hints of oak. With out a doubt one of the best beers in the world.