overall
RATINGS: 2541   WEIGHTED AVG: 4/5   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
This is a lacerative muther of a beer. The evil big brother of Arrogant Bastard Ale. It is strongly suggested you stay far, far away from this beer. Those foolish enough to venture close enough to taste will experience a punishingly unforgiving assault on the palate. ’Course there’s always the masochists...
Note: 2007 - 10%, 2008 & 2009 - 10.5%, 2010 - 11.2%, 2011 - 10.5%, 2012 - 11.2%, 2016 - 11%.

Beersnake (1) - , California, USA - MAY 22, 2010 does not count
I just love really hoppy beer and this gem certainly qualifies. The aroma warns you that the hops are coming and the color is very pleasing to the eye. The care taken in production is evident from the first taste to the end of the bottle.

rustyj (1) - California, USA - DEC 23, 2011 does not count
This 10.5% alc. content beer made me very naughty and I almost had to sleep on the couch. I think there are devil "spirits" in the brew that made me copy the arrogant call-out verbiage on the back of the bottle, and paste to Natural Light and Bud drinkers on Facebook. My God though. What a gift!

elbrian (3) - - NOV 3, 2012 does not count
In my opinion the perfect strong American ale. Strong malt and oak flavors and subtle but tasty hops. I look forward to November every year more so than my own birth month because of Double Bastard.

mrbball (1) - philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 24, 2012 does not count
Great beer. A little sweet. For a strong beer, there is no harshness, nor bitterness. Very agreeable.

collins81 (2) - Florida, USA - JAN 23, 2013 does not count
Double bastard lived up to its name. Hops upon awesome upon that feeling when a stiff right is delivered to a backstabbing persons jaw is what awaits you for the first taste. Very strong, great taste.

MHOSKINS (83) - Cleveland, Tennessee, USA - FEB 15, 2013
Wow! What a great beer! Stone out did there selves. Arrogant Bastard is a great beer. Double Arrogant is even better. MKH---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

coltonhudy (15) - - MAY 10, 2014
The aroma of this is pungent of oak and whiskey barrels the head is beautiful and the ale itself is dark amber red and the taste is strong and a balanced bitterness with its hop blast also it has strong caramel,oak and leather with a strong ale taste and surprisingly sweet by far my favorite brew it?s a very intense ale i feel like i should be wearing medieval knight armor while drinking it. Definitely should have this with bbq/smoked meats maybe some good pretzels definitely awesome with a grilled burger.

MetalNHopHead (2130) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - JUL 2, 2014
Stone’s Bastard releases never fail to blow my mind. For me, Double Bastard proved to be every bit as enjoyable as the other releases that I’ve, well, enjoyed (Arrogant Bastard and Oaked Arrogant Bastard). The malty caramel note that this brew starts off with is sublime. The spicy, herbal hop kick that comes after that is even better. Did I say better than sublime? I suppose that doesn’t make much sense. Yet, I do indeed consider Double Bastard to be twice as good as Arrogant Bastard. Admittedly, that’s a paradox. I consider Arrogant Bastard to be perfect. How can something be two times more perfect? Exactly. Infinity times two still equals infinity. That’s the nature of the Bastard series. Every beer is better than the last... even though the last one was perfect. Shit, maybe I shouldn’t drink so much before I post these reviews... Anyway, Double Bastard has a gorgeous amber-red color with a lovely off-white head. Aroma has boozy sweetness, dark fruits, and pungent hops. My bomber was bottled on 9/01/2013 which meant I was a mere 2 months and 1 day away from a year-old bottle. Oh well. The hops were still plenty aggressive but a bit refined. One thing’s for damn sure: the body was thick and the mouthfeel was warming in the best possible way. Okay, so I guess that was actually two things. Sue me. At the end of my tasting, I couldn’t find any gripes with this beer. I also fully enjoyed reading the bottle notes. Any brewery that uses the word "masturbatory" when talking about their ale is okay by me. Double Bastard made my night by giving me balls-out flavor with a healthy dose of class. I wouldn’t expect anything less than that from Stone.

liquidhedonism (289) - Beaverton, Oregon, USA - NOV 12, 2014
22 oz bottle. Aroma: boozy, woody, and very malty, with hints of toffee. Taste/Palate: thick, crisp, and very sweet; finishes with a long bitterness. Incredible and over-the-top hop/malt balance. Another perfect beer from Stone!