overall
RATINGS: 76   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 282   ABV: 9.4%
Molten is the most aggressive IPA in our little family, yet it somehow manages a great balance… while still achieving full hop overdrive. This year’s offering is stronger than the last and features a more complex hop bill, with citrus notes dominating. Dry-hopped with enormous bagfuls of whole hop flowers, which provide added aroma and flavor without harsh bitterness. Watch out, this brew is deadly!

liquidhedonism (289) - Beaverton, Oregon, USA - APR 4, 2015
16.9 oz bottle. Aroma: malty and citrusy, with hints of oranges, hay, and barnyard. Taste/Palate: sweet and thick; finishes slightly tart, with a long bitterness.

Angeloregon (2055) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 12, 2008
On tap at Bailey’s Taproom in Portland--Poured a luscious orange-amber body with a small rocky white head. Nose of tangy tropical fruitiness and citrus hop monstrosity. Bitter bite on the tongue, quite acidic, but necessary to tame the 9.5% ABV. I really loved this beer, but 20 ounces of this bad boy was all my palate and liver could take in one setting.

iguanodon (158) - Bountiful, Utah, USA - JUN 14, 2013
Draft at Bailey’s Tap Room in Portland. Pours hazy gold with no head. Aroma is grapefruit, pine, faint apple. Taste is citrusy hops backed by sweet malt. Finish is sweet... a great DIPA.

BlackDonald (1126) - Gulf Shores, Alabama, USA - JUL 19, 2008
Taproom - WOW! Hazy golden amber appearance, with a finger of white foam. Even though it sits on the coffee table in front of the couch I am sitting on, the hops are very apparent from a distance. Tempting you, drink me, drink me! Luscious fruit, from the meat to the rinds you can taste every aspect of the fruit here. Loads of melon, dare I say a faint hint of watermelon, citrus and grapefruit, just really fresh and juicy. Soapy resiny hoppiness with a stand up cookie dough maltiness. Aggressive and in your face, but still holds tremendous balance. Truly one of the best IPAs I have ever tried. This holds court with Dreadnaught.

leems (406) - Portland, Oregon, USA - AUG 11, 2010
I can’t believe I hadn’t rated this! Darkish orange, big fluffy head. Huge hop aroma nearly overpowers, slightly sweet flavor with huge citrus and floral hops. Finish is long and hoppy. When this comes out I run around Portland drinking it where ever it goes on tap.

corkitad (19) - Oregon, USA - OCT 19, 2010
Another great brew from Double Mtn. Alcohol/ floral notes create an intense almost overwhelming richness. YUM!

skoisirius (1908) - Earth, Washington, USA - JUL 10, 2013
Alright, maybe I got a really good bottle of this. And kept it the right amount of time. I don’t know exactly, but this ish is AMAZING. Piney resinous glads drip hop juice all over you with some sort of spicey background grown in the forest. I mean, they’re not joking, this is full on reality mothafucka!!

anders37 (27226) - Malmö, SWEDEN - DEC 15, 2008
Draft at the taproom. Pours a hazy dark golden color with a small longlasting white head. Has a malty hoppy bitter pine aroma with resiny hints and hints of grapefruit. Sweetish malty hoppy bitter piny resiny flavor with hints of grapefruit. Has a sweetish malty hoppy bitter piny finish with a long bitter hoppy resiny aftertaste with some hints of grapefruit. Lovely stuff.