Brewed by Desnoes and Geddes (Diageo PLC)
Style: Foreign Stout
Kingston, Jamaica

RATINGS: 805   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1/5   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Ingredients: Black malt; corn syrup; caramel malt; and hop extract. Priming sugar used when bottling.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

erway (1004) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - FEB 13, 2002
The most interesting stout I've ever had. Definitely taste the licorice aftertaste. Just different than anything I've had. Not necessarilly a great beer per se but something every stout lover should try.

LuckeyHaskins99 (180) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - FEB 7, 2002
A great sugared malty stout from the land of the sugar cane. (Okay actually it's the land of ganja, but this isn't a 'rateweed.com') The saddest thing about Dragon Stout is that is has become a rarity in Jamaica. Most bars only sell Guiness and it was hard for me to find this stuff on my last trip there. Regardless, this is a sweet 'chocostout' that lovers of Mackeson's will enjoy. If you don't like dark beer however, this one will not change your opinion at all. (Note I have an 18 inch neck, tho my name isn't Gunter)

budguy2142 (24) - USA - JAN 30, 2002
When I first poured it, I thought I had myself rootbeer without any foam. The overpowering burnt taste. I will pass the next time

geofflilley99 (6) - Sacramento, California, USA - JAN 14, 2002 does not count
Pretty lousy beer, all told. Too sweet for my tastes (YES, THIS IS COMING FROM THE GUY WHO LOVES MACKESON 3X AND SHAKESPEARE STOUT); felt like this one lacked complexity or character.

pah57 (10) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 13, 2002
Good colour but little head. Too sweet for me...............................

WastedYouthBrew (143) - Phila (Home of Geno's Steaks), Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 7, 2002
The first time I had this it tasted like a dragon took a shit in my bottle and tried to pass it off as a Sunday. This stuff actually made my teeth turn a darker shade of brown then they already are. I’ll pass this one up the next time it comes around.

JahNoth (1039) - Rochester, New York, USA - DEC 23, 2001
Very sweet and malty, with a licorice flavor. Very enjoyable as an after-dinner beer. Much better than I expected.

daboskabouter (1469) - Fergus, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 7, 2001
Nice dark color, some head. Alcohol and not much in the nose. Some carbo, fresh hop taste and some toastiness. Relatively short palate for a stout. Overall, an enjoyable brew, I can see it being good in the hot sun of Jamaica.

TheDarkertheBetter99 (27) - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA - DEC 5, 2001
Been a long time...thank god. Sweet like honey roasted almonds. Way too sweet for me, not too far off of Mackeson's, only much thinner and less flavorful.

thealcoholic (104) - Hilbert, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 1, 2001
not a bad beer but i didn't like the after taste of licorice. I tried it at at the house of 150 beers in werzburg