overall
RATINGS: 98   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 100   EST. CALORIES: 198   ABV: 6.6%
Doug Hyndman’s latest and greatest hoppy war hammer of an IPA. Five types of hops, five pounds in the dry hop - there’s a theme here. Chinook, CTZ, Centennial, Galena and Amarillo join forces, devastating your palate with their bitter deliciousness. Pungent. Clean. Unforgiving. Wonderful!

MrNic (16) - Laramie, Wyoming, USA - JAN 21, 2014
Aroma-Dank, citrus, pine hops, grapefruit, smells like a bag of hop pellets Appearance-Hazy amber, 1 finger head that sticks around Taste-Sweet malt, pine up front, citrus, pine middle, dry grapefruit, pine finish Palate-Full-bodied, sweet malt balanced by hop bitterness, just a little alcohol warmth Overall-Good ipa, balanced and hoppy, would buy again

PoopThoughts (25) - - JAN 2, 2014
Plenty of big hops flavor and still goes down like a dream. Don’t believe me? Watch the review here: http://teamchug.com/dry_dock_hop_abomination/

boxofrane (2553) - Spring City, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 5, 2013
Draft. Pours hazy orange with a small white head. The aroma has a lot of pine, floral notes, light grapefruit. The taste is light bitter, sweet orange and grapefruit.

Joakgust (1452) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - OCT 14, 2013
Bottle 33cl - Hazy amber beer with a large white head. Aroma is fruity with notes of citrus, spices, dank hops and tropical fruit. Flavor is spicy with notes of citrus, pine needles and caramel. Unbalanced but truely a great IPA.

TronnyJenkins (92) - Texas, USA - OCT 12, 2013
A largely hoppy beer! Citrusy hops, karate kicking your nose. The huge bitterness is immediately apparent when ingested. I could stand with a bit more malt sweetness, but still very good when in the mood for something less sweet when on your hop quest. Well done.

NachlamSie (3481) - Denver, Colorado, USA - OCT 7, 2013
UPDATED: MAR 4, 2014 Started as a 3 oz taster, progressed to a pint, then ended up a growler. I can’t believe this is rated a 78 on the site. You people bitch about IPAs not being hoppy enough then you score a hop monster like this low. This is a crystal-clear, straight up hop bomb. Everything from grapefruit, pine, mint, just whole-hearted real hop character saturates this beer. Malts don’t get in the way. This is one of the most blatant overusage of hops I’ve tasted in Colorado and it is glorious. Very clean, very unbalanced, but sure to satisfy a hophead.
Okay, I just wanted to note that my initial tastings of this were from draft. I have since purchased a few six packs of cans, and I have to say that it’s not nearly as good. I can’t put my finger on it, but the hop character isn’t as clearly defined and there’s a hugely bitter finish without the full depth I get when I have this from tap. I have never before experienced such a consistent discrepancy between tap and can. I still drink Modus Hoperandi and Hop Notch all the time, but Hop Abomination just isn’t the same. So I retract my calling out of all you who rated this poorly, but I am leaving my initial score to reflect the draft servings.

DiarmaidBHK (4893) - Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 26, 2013
Can from Davidson’s liquor. Pouts orange with a very thin khaki head. Has some solid pine notes on the nose. A couple of solid grapefruit notes on the nose. Solid!

ajtrupp (340) - Broomfield, Colorado, USA - SEP 7, 2013
This is how an IPA should taste if it has the word "hops" in the title. It should have punch-you-in-the-face level hops. This beer does just that. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

bconch (422) - - AUG 26, 2013
Orange color, nose of bright citrus with a little sweetness. Taste is malt forward with some hop bite. Finish is a bit dry for an IPA. Not my cup of tea.

Sledutah (7530) - Utah, USA - AUG 1, 2013
12oz can picked up at Wilburs in CO
Pours cloudy (with floaters) golden with a small creamy off-white head and good lacing. Aroma is fruity, oranges, earthy, caramel and pine. Flavor is juicy fruit, caramel, dusty and pine
A good hoppy IPA.