overall
RATINGS: 139   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
A complex, robust porter, Bad Moon is medium to full bodied with a slightly sweet, malty presence combined with hints of chocolate and coffee.

brewersspot (97) - , California, USA - OCT 29, 2010
I had this beer a while back and from what I can remember I enjoyed it. I’ve had this at the pub/brewery so it was fresh. Nothing special about it is popping into my head at the moment.

TomDecapolis (4618) - Milton, Delaware, USA - OCT 18, 2010
Pours a deep brown with amber notes and a smaller tan head. Aroma of roasted malt, chocolate, light coffee. Flavor of vanilla, roasted malt, chocolate and coffee. A nice roasty porter.

ljay6880 (475) - , Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 7, 2010
Two 4oz samples (one nitro, one not) from a flight. Pour is deep cola with lovely beige head (both pours), but there is fantastic lacing on the nitro. Nose is a mix between milk and dark chocolate, roasted malts, toffee, coffee, and raisins. Taste is very close to the nose and rides an almost Yoo-hoo finish. This one is very tasty and I could easily over indulge in its goodness. This is one of the better porters I’ve had because of the artistic level of balance.

strongpieman (1651) - Mount Airy, Maryland, USA - SEP 29, 2010
Deep brown/black color, tan head. Strong coffee, more like a stout... Not smooth. Medium body, finish lingers, but is nice. Solid beer, but style is a question.

rudolf (2360) - Buffalo, New York, USA - SEP 21, 2010
Tap @ DuClaw Brewpub, BWI. Nearly black, rich tan head. Nose is dark caramel & toffee, very rich/meaty cherries. Flavor is roasty, slightly milky, a bit of dark fruit. Too sweet.

swoopjones (7020) - Buffalo, New York, USA - SEP 20, 2010
draft @ BWI airport, dark brown/ black porter. roasted malt aroma with chocolate & coffee. Ditto for flavor. Nicely flavored & balance porter.

zebracakes (1339) - Washington DC, USA - SEP 18, 2010
Part of a 9 piece sampler at DuClaw Bowie, MD. Black brown, tan head. Aroma is molasses, anise, caramel, and smoke. Flavor is the same with chocolate and coffee. Slightly oily mouth feel with a dry bitter finish.

Holy (837) - GERMANY - SEP 6, 2010
Shared with Travlr, on draft. Typical porter aromas - chocolate and coffee. Taste follows the schedule. Typical porter flavors - good, but nothing amazing jumps out at you. A good porter.

arone12 (932) - Maryland, USA - AUG 26, 2010
Pours a dark dark brown with a light brown head. Smells of caramel, chocolate, and coffee. Taste is pretty delicious. I like the slightly bitter dry finish that this porter has. Mmm

hypn0toad (267) - Maryland, USA - AUG 19, 2010
unfortunately this evokes the image of young teen male vampires. That said, I have not seen twilight and my vampire experience its limited to angel, buffy and count chocula. This beer remains good for me. The brown color relaxses me whole the burnt vampire taste entrigues me. How bout that review jerk?