overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 32   MEAN: 2.88/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.86/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
We’re putting some Funk all up in this American wheat beer. If you’ve been jonesin’ for a groovy mix of wheat and barley with a hint of sweet, sweet honey, then we’ve got something you can groove on. So don’t be a jive turkey, take a sip and enjoy your trip!

CaptainCougar (7133) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - JUN 17, 2009
Tap at Arundel Mills in Mar 2008: Clear bright golden pour has a thin, wispy white head. Faint aroma of malted wheat and grain, but almost nonexistant. Body starts with a finely dissolved carbonation and mild sweetness with a touch of light fruity notes and citrusy hops. Finishes semi-dry and mildly bitter with some earthy citrus notes. Needs more balance.

joeymacaroni (309) - Wagontown, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 28, 2008
pretty standard wheat beer. pours hazy yellow with a foamy white head. banana, clove, honey, orange. meh. doesn’t do much for me. get the sawtooth instead.

NomDeBeer (414) - Maryland, USA - AUG 4, 2008
Draft @ Bel Air location. I’m not a big fan of wheat beers, but this was not bad. A slight citrus hop note cut through an otherwise common wheat beer combination of banana and cloves. Very drinkable light palate.

Parrothead (294) - Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 29, 2008
Brought home a growler from the Belair location. This is a nice beer - reminds me of some of the Canadian ales from Labatts, or even maybe a Kolsch. Obviuosly part of the DuClaws line-up for those who don’t "like" beer. A wheat ale? OK, you fooled me, but still a nice refreshing quaffer. I always wanted to use that word.

45thstbrewer (94) - Conowingo, Maryland, USA - FEB 16, 2008
Duclaw’s Funk Is okay but is nothing that really stands out. I was a little disappointed when I tried it.

newbrewguy (145) - Mechanicsville, Maryland, USA - FEB 4, 2008
Draft, poured a light golden color with a white frothy head. pretty light and almost resembled a lager more than and a wheat beer. I’d hoped for more. This was probably the weakest of all the DuClaw beers I tried.

jcwattsrugger (12418) - Florida and, New Jersey, USA - JAN 20, 2008
on tap-pours a dissipating white head and yellow color. Aroma is sweet grain. Taste is sweet grain/wheat/light malt, spicy hops, crisp. OK carbonation. Solid light body.

Miver (609) - Silver Spring, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 27, 2007
On Draft at Fell’s Point. Poured a somewhat clear gold color with a white head. Taste is standard wheat beer with some cloves and some citrus in it. I like the name, but this one wasn’t "Funk". I expected more.

Cobra (1100) - - DEC 24, 2007
On tap at Bowie. Typical American wheat beer. Poured out a hazy light golden color, with a sticky white head. Aromas are bananas, some cloves, some citrus peel. Flavors are unimpressive, typical wheat beer. Nothing special here. From notes.

dsm (109) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - DEC 14, 2007
Draft at Fell’s Point. Very light taste, wheat is noticeable. There isn’t much to it.