RATINGS: 1238   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.56/5   IBU: 10   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Deep golden color, and smooth, full-bodied taste with just a hint of honey on the palate.
Formerly JW Dundee’s Original Honey Brown Lager
10 IBU

russ71cj5 (40) - Rhode Island, USA - MAR 8, 2002
NOOOOOOO ..... it’s the toxic genesee water that makes it suck

Dogbrick (13012) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAR 6, 2002
Luckily I have never had one of the ’bad batches’, which this beer seems to be notorious for. Pleasant aroma and nice color, and the honey aftertaste has the potential to linger, which can be either bad or good depending on your preference. One of my favorite American beers that is not from a micro-brew.

TheBeerCollector (633) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - MAR 3, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 7, 2004 A good beer for the price. Great to enjoy at a summer cookout.

Aggie80 (818) - Michigan, USA - FEB 28, 2002
Good solid lager. Not a top of the line and can be inconsistant. One of the lowest priced and still drinkable brews available. Good for general drinking where the focus is on food or conversation and the beer is an afterthought.

Drinkingdan (375) - East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 28, 2002
thought is was better when it first came out. Now I think it is slighty nasty.

CrimsonGhost1971 (188) - USA - FEB 22, 2002
I remember when this stuff hit the market it was hyped big time by radio dj’s. It’s okay but there is better sauce on the market.

pjcoupe (105) - Perryton, Texas, USA - FEB 20, 2002
I find it very pleasant.A manufacturers rep that calls on my business brought me a ’six’.I would’t have ever picked it up on my own.I’m darn glad he did!

kilgore41599 (98) - Rochester, New York, USA - FEB 19, 2002
Feel bad in rating this beer so low as it is a local brew and one of the first beers I ever had. However, this is not a top of the line beer and one that I try to avoid even if I am looking to buy cheap. There are batches of this that are just plain aweful, but then ther are some that are decent. All in all it is a crapshoot and not terribly worth the risk.

PhillyBeer2112 (2850) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - FEB 18, 2002
Rerating with more information: Bright dark gold (is that contradictory? - its color is dark gold, but it has a certain brightness). Thick light-colored foamy head that dissipated very quickly, leaving med lacing. Aroma is sharp and sweet, and not particularly beer-like. Flavor is sweet up front, with a very light aftertaste that is dry and has just a tingling of bitterness. I see why this may appeal to a mass-drinking crowd that doesn’t like beer. Moderate flavor but not great - more or less clean and fairly drinkable (but sweet enough to make it hard to drink alot).

1.1
adsti3 (29) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 15, 2002
This beer is awful. It has no taste at all to me. I’d order a miller lite over this, and I hate miller lite! If you want cheap fake flavorful beer get Shea’s or even Killian’s