RATINGS: 1230   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.56/5   IBU: 10   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Deep golden color, and smooth, full-bodied taste with just a hint of honey on the palate.
Formerly JW Dundee’s Original Honey Brown Lager
10 IBU

GiddyBoy (121) - USA - JAN 10, 2002
Umm. Someone told this was a wonderful beer. Not only can I not taste the honey, but it reminds me of the typical 'yellow fizzy beers' of typical Americana. I was not impressed. I think I need something stronger. Plus, I am not sure why this is called American Dark. It was not dark at all.

Gusler (2652) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - DEC 28, 2001
UPDATED: JAN 19, 2003 Nice deep unclouded amber color on the pour, the head is modest in size, beige in color, texture frothy, and lace adequate to cover the glass. Carmel apple sweet at the front, malt and fresh, a decent nose, start cloyingly sweet, top skeletal, finish, minimally acidic, hops scarce, dry aftertaste, drinkable but barely average, another reach for me.

BillKismet (4138) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 28, 2001
Nice honey color and taste. A Smooth drinkable beer--solid for most occasions and a fantastic budget buy.

noer1 (109) - Massachusetts, USA - DEC 24, 2001
Suprisingly wonderful beer. We bought a twelve pack for 7$, well worth the money and some. The beer has a terrific oak and honey flavor with a hint of honey and a great aftertaste that leaves you wanting more. Great economical find!

Norton (333) - Southside, Richmond, Virginia, USA - DEC 19, 2001
UPDATED: AUG 8, 2003 Mmm. I really like this stuff. Not too bloaty, can really put 'em down! Tastes just the right amount of sweetness from the honey. Sort of intricate. If you ever get a chance to have this from the tap - DO IT! It is heavenly on tap! A crowd pleaser, no doubt.

CaboWabo99 (24) - USA - DEC 13, 2001
I like this beer. It has a flavor that you can really distinguish from other beers. I could drink these all day.

lagerman99 (66) - USA - DEC 6, 2001
Say what you want about this, it's the beer that led me down the road to real beer drinking. I was at a frat party, swilling natty light and one hell of a woman was over to one side drinking bottles of these. Honey Brown was my initiation into a lot of beautiful things and so forvive me if my rating is a bit inflated out of respect for memory.

HarmonKill-a-Brew (407) - Wilmar, Arkansas, USA - DEC 2, 2001
Just a hint of honey is right. I was expecting more honey flavor. If I was just rating this as a beer, it would score a little higher. I have to really concentrate to taste the honey. This is the first honey flavored beer I have tried so maybe I expected too much.

RunawayUD (30) - USA - DEC 2, 2001
A great beer. One of fav's and the best honey by far. Michelob honey comes in second

1.3
VENOM (941) - Connecticut, USA - NOV 26, 2001
Clear light amber. Light head. Macro aroma. Crisp and clean. Honey? Uh...not quite. Corn syrup sweetness, minimal malts. Just nasty.