RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.5/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.93/5   IBU: 85   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%

Most RecentTicked By

brewolf's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
brewolf (169) - Wilderness, WA, USA, - AUG 29, 2012
Medium gold, miniscule head, fragile lacing. Biscuit-like malt in the nose, and the peppers make themselves quite apparent with a fresh, spicy, appealing ’greenness’. The flavor pops with authentic pepper greenness, just like the nose. The malt is a little rough, and the hops are dialed back (the proclaimed 85 IBU doesn’t really present itself, and the brew comes off as more of a ’Jalapeno Pale’ to me ... which is quite fitting, keeping the peppers from having to compete with the hops). The use of the peppers is quite fantastic, actually. The pepper FLAVOR carries very nicely throughout the palate. Then the capsaicin heat slowly builds mid-palate and dances on your tongue for a zesty, lingering finish. Medium-light body, soft carb, slightly oily texture. I was quite surprised by this one, and found it to be very drinkable. I hope this wasn’t just a ’lucky batch’, because this guy seems to really know how to handle peppers ... VERY well balanced in that regard. I have to also mention that I experienced the ’off’ malt/water thing that I notice in ALL of the beers from the north-northwest peninsula (ie. Peaks, Barhop, Slip Point, Dungeness, Fathom & League, etc). I wish I could figure out what it is. Since it is attributable to multiple brewers, I am beginning to think it may be the specific mineral content and/or pH of the water up there???

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
CapFlu (5111) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 25, 2012
Potent jalapeño front and full on chili Flavour. Good. Likeable though not something you’d drink a pint off.