overall
Brewed by County Durham Brewing
Style: India Pale Ale (IPA)
Pickering, Canada

RATINGS: 105   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5/5   IBU: 85   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%

scantron (63) - Ontario, CANADA - APR 29, 2011
April 24, 2011; Draught in pint glass at Volo Sort of missed out on the aroma. When it got to me, there was still plenty of lychee and grapefruit in the nose. A toffee-copper coloured ale with no head and very light lace. Citrus and lychee from hops with a mild malt. There’s a little something else in the hops which I can’t identify. A well blended brew. Refreshing hops but the resin bitterness is a little too strong in the aftertaste for me.

Blasphemies (45) - Ontario, CANADA - APR 4, 2008
Draught at Bow&Arrow. Clear dark copper colour. Very hoppy taste, bitter with a dry finish. Do not put ketchup on your fires and go back and have a sip of this, you will feel the hops take over your face.

jmcnally (21) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - APR 25, 2006
On tap at Volo. Nicely hoppy but simple. Pales in comparison to the Dogfish Head 60 Minute that I sampled recently, but still a well-made beer.

AlexT (11) - Ontario, CANADA - JUL 17, 2013
Excellent local happy beer served cold in pints. Medium happy with great taste and palate.

humulonimbus (10) - Ontario, CANADA - MAR 4, 2010
I think this is the best IPA on offer in Canada right now. I don’t get tired of this beer which speaks to how well crafted (it think) it is. Notes: -Assertive yet refreshing aroma of piney spice and citrus (smells like a bag of hops) -vibrant palate with a (metric) tonne of flavour without being sticky -good balance of creamy and crisp in the palate, and sweet and savoury in the taste -generous body with just enough malt to keep the party from getting out of hand -finish is one that is pleasantly bitter and long and tickles my throat (and me) pink It should also be noted that: 1) This beer comes with the best tap handle EVER! 2) It’s a cruel joke, yet fitting, that the beer is called hop addict. It seems that every time I make it to Toronto (the only place it’s available, %@$&#!!!) to get my fix some other junkie has bled the keg dry, aaarrrrgh!!! Well, I just can’t get enough ....or any at all!